Purpose of Division:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international relief and development charity which envisages a caring world where people unite to respond to the suffering of others, empowering them to fulfil their potential. We are an independent Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in the UK in 1984 . Working in 47 countries, we promote sustainable economic and social development by working with local communities to eradicate poverty, illiteracy and disease. We also respond to disasters and emergencies, helping people in crisis. Islamic Relief provides support regardless of religion, ethnicity or gender and without expecting anything in return.
Islamic Relief’s (IR) has been working in Iraq for more than 14 years. IR was on the ground throughout the military incursions and is one of the few aid agencies that continued working during and after the 2003 war.
Islamic Relief Worldwide Iraq is implementing several projects in the sector of Food, WASH, Health, Education, GBV, and shelters.
The purpose of the HR/Admin Assistant position is day to day implementation of the HR functions responsibilities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain effective system for the maintenance and security of the IR Thi Qar office.
- General administration – design, implement, manage and ensure the maintenance of appropriate administrative systems and procedures in coordination with Operation Manager.
- Supervise the office buildings upkeep and maintenance, and organize through the support staff.
- Develop and maintain the office filing system (Management Information System).
- Ensure that guidance and monitoring in all IR administrative and security
- policies and procedures are given to all staff in IR Thi Qar.
- Actively participate in major procurement in the projects and the purchase office
- equipment and supplies.
- Ensure coordination with finance, logistic, projects and program staff.
- Oversee the transport and maintenance section ensuring smooth management,
- maintenance, allocation and scheduling of concern’s vehicles.
- Responsible for maintaining the ‘corporate’ identity of IRI.
- Ensure IR Thi Qar office legal obligations relating to lease agreements and make certain the in-timely payment of utility bills.
- Procurement of stationery and keeping proper record of the stationeries as per IR standards.
- Updating assets inventory of the IR Iraq Office.
- Assist the Operation Manager in preparing and managing local and sub-contractors for outsourcing administrative requirements.
- Assist in provision of and adherence to the IR Iraq`s HRM Policies, Practices, Rules, Procedures, Guidelines and Standard Functions for the Human Resourcing.
- Securing that Procedures and Actions are in line with the National Labour Law.
- Ensure that all timesheets filled and signed properly. Collect timesheets. Prepare and submit staff attendance report, overtime of support staff, and Daily Staff Attendance (if any) to finance department.
- Assist in administration of new starters including pre-employment checks, references, preparing documents, processing applications for benefits and general payroll administration.
- Assist in maintaining HR records including manual and electronic filing systems, including employee records, new starters, leavers etc.
- Organise individual and group inductions for new employees.
- Organise and coordinate staff meetings, away days, group training and other meetings and events.
- Any other duties commensurate with role and grade as requested by the line manager..
- University degree in a related filed.
- Three years’ experience in international NGO.
- Experience in budgeting, budget tracking & internal control.
- Board knowledge and understanding of Islamic principles.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Experience in working on financial software system, QuickBooks is preferable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access & Power Point.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Report writing skills.
- Research skills.
- with Patient and ability to work on your own initiative as well as a part of a team.
- Sympathetic with aims & objective of Islamic Relief.
- Empathy understanding of the basic values of Islam.
- Relief development issues.
- The attached information is intended to be a guide to the advertised position.
It should not be viewed as an inflexible specification as it may change from
time to time according to the strategic developments in the office following
discussion with the post holder.
- This job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder.
- Address Erbil, Atconz R2/70
- Salary Offer According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale USD According to the IRW-Iraq Salary scale Month
- How to apply Dear Applicant: If you are a Support person, experienced, competent, reliable, service minded, dedicated and a highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and beliefs, please apply by downloading the application pack from below link and forward the filled and completed form to: [email protected] before the closing time & date (Monday, 04:00 pm, 18 January 2024). - Please write the position title: (HR & Admin Assistant) in the subject of the email. - CVs will not be accepted. - Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer. Our values and commitment to safeguarding IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organization. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
- Job Reference https://islamicrelief-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/harem_hadi_ir-iraq_org/ERm4xi3TiQxMub196vnlQZEBXLy0CX8LibNfR6xMtAd8dA?e=AL3mSU