|HR & Admin Officer
|Number of positions open:
|Last date for application:
|January 7th 2024
How to apply Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link: Applications would only be accepted through this link: https://recruitment.sams-hr.com/
Iraq office Staff
General objective of the position:
The HR & Admin Officer will be responsible for implementing the HR functioning of SAMS Iraq office by taking in to consideration the HR manual application. Responsible to ensure consistent HR support and practical implementation of all tools. Also by supervising and follow up all administrative aspects (Administrative – Informatics – Transportation – Hygiene – Reception) Services.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Key Admin & Human Resource Duties:
- Provide human resource metrics to country and regional leadership.
- Work with senior management to determine workforce needs, including staffing,
- Ensure SAMS Iraq program human resource processes are in accordance with local labor laws.
- Ensure the application of administrative policies and procedures, and provide recommendations for the development of work when needed.
- Oversee all service bills, rents and parking, etc., and inform the senior management of any developments.
Recruitment and orientation
- Ensure each position has a job description.
- Design a sourcing strategy to identify qualified candidates.
- Manage the interview process with relevant supervisors.
- Ensure effective orientation processes for new hires.
- Maintain appropriate leave documents in specific site for local and standard staff.
- Every month ensure that similar information is maintained, at field office and at the level (if any), make sure appropriate documents are presented for Sick Leave, Marriage, Emergency, Maternity, Paternity, Special, Exam leave, etc. as appropriate on time.
- Track sick leave documents and update the spread sheet accordingly.
Payroll & Benefits Administration
- Provide all documents necessary for payroll preparation to Finance before 29th day of the month to ensure new information are included in payroll for that month.
- For definite employees since there pension deposit and profile form submitted at the head office level, follow up the submission of all the necessary documents required by the agency to HR Officer
- Annually review salary and benefit structure in relation to the market and make recommendations to the country representative, operations manager and regional on proposed changes.
Performance and professional development
- Implement a performance management system.
- Ensure each position has performance objectives.
- Implement a professional development system.
- Implement retention strategies and initiatives.
- Advise supervisors in determining appropriate disciplinary plans of action.
- Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets local labor laws.
Communication and Reporting
- Maintain good internal communications and relationship with departments and Field Sites and provide relevant information on time, as and when requested.
- Handling necessary HR related communications through email and telephone.
- Handle all staff related issues and correspondences in accordance to the HR manual and the Labor Law.
- Represent SAMS in all relevant fora in relation to the position duties, e.g. Government of Iraq (GoI and KRI), NGOs, donors.
- Government Relations and Liaison with all relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure SAMS provides accurate and timely reports to the GoI as well as KRI.
- Work closely with CPA to ensure all documents are presented to the authorities in a timely manner and in accordance with the law.
- Promote and model a positive, professional and respectful office culture.
- Initiate team building initiatives.
Key Other Duties:
- Perform any other related duties assigned by your immediate supervisor;
- Reporting mechanism will be for functioning and technical advices to Operation Coordinator on monthly basis
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
• University degree in any other related field.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Human Resource Management,
• Desirable 4 experience in Human Resource Management,
• Fluent written and spoken in Arabic
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Mother tongue in Kurdish
- Administrative Principles
- Labor Law
- Recruitment & Selection
- Follow Up
- MS Office
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
- How to apply Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link: Applications would only be accepted through this link: https://recruitment.sams-hr.com/