Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Ensure development and implementation of administrative systems and procedures
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Advice in personnel conflicts/processes when relevant
- Coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Supervise the HR/Admin team at area office level
- Responsible of payroll management at the area level
- Ensure that staff records in all field offices in the area are up to date and filed appropriately in the HR personnel file archive
- Responsible for managing the NRC people Solution at the Area Level
- Overall responsible for recruitment management at the areal level and ensure the process carried is in the line with NRC policies
- Support staff with the tools & procedures for performance management
- Oversee all administrative responsibilities accommodation booking, facility management, utilities, store management etc.
- Ensure that the NRC office is in compliance with all administrative legal requirements i.e. taxes, social security, government registrations and licenses in the area of operation
Generic professional competencies:
- Three (2) years’ experience from working as a HR or Admin, from an Officer level and in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts. Work experience in the Northeast is a plus.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in relevant field
- Knowledge of the context in (Southern Iraq)
- Good communication & inter-personal skills is required
- Good knowledge of the Iraqi Labor Law
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Baghdad- Iraq
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G6/S1, According to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
NRC is an equal opportunity employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
For more information please read the Job Description