Objectives of the position:
HR Assistant responsibilities include processing personnel records, assisting in the hiring process, managing HR documents (e.g., employment records and onboarding guides), updating internal databases and assisting with any administrative tasks as and when they arise.
The duties assigned to the employee are as indicated in the following Job Description. However, they can be amended at the discretion of the management and the agreement of the employee. The employee may also be required to perform other functions, which are within his / her capacity, skills, aptitude and knowledge without additional remuneration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the process of visa and residency applications and renewals for international staff.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of AN policies and assist in ensuring employee understanding, implementation and adherence.
- Assist in assuring that staff lists are up to date, AN staff IDs are updated, personnel files are complete and assure adherence to the highest level of confidentiality. Up to date files are to be maintained in both hard and soft copies.
- Assist in achieving, filing and scanning of documents as well as assist in preparing official letters as requested.
- Maintain an updated job description database, as well as templates of contracts and agreements, in all the appropriate applicable languages.
- Ensure timely collection of monthly timesheets, as well as the collection of all leave request forms.
- Maintain a master leave database, tracking all leave taken and ensuring the timely submission and approval of leave forms.
- Assist Line Manager in monitoring the expiry of staff contracts and advice the Line Manager in a timely manner.
- Assist the Line Manager in pre-vacancy posting and ensuring the submission of the Recruitment Request Form (RRF).
- Liaise or communicate with potential candidates throughout the recruitment process and schedule interviews through email and phone calls.
- Prepare CfW agreements as well as all the necessary supporting documents.
- Assist line manager in the resignation, exit process of any staff leaving AN as well as all necessary documents during the handover process.
- Oversee the work of the cleaners, helping to prioritize duties and ensure that high standards of cleanliness are met and maintained in the AN facility such as the office and guesthouses.
- Continually aim to enhance a winning culture in the office.
- Any other duties assigned by the Line Manager and Head of Operations.
Qualifications and Preferred skills:
- Experience in international NGOs is preferred.
- One year experience in human resources or any relevant field.
- College/bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Ability to work efficiently, under pressure and adapt to difficult conditions.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
- How to apply How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. • CVs without the subject line "HR Assistant" will not be considered. • CV and Cover letter with links or images/jpg will be disregarded. PDF and word files will be accepted. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. arche noVa (AN) reserves the right to hire before the deadline which means interview will be on rolling basis. At the same time, AN reserves the right to not fill the position or cancel the position. Further information: www.arche-nova.org