Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Execute administrative, HR and legal related tasks to support the Personnel Administration Manager following MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
- Under supervision of the Personnel Administration Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security Tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Personnel Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Personnel Administration Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR/ Admin tasks delegated by the Personnel Administration Manager.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Support administrative part of recruitment and hiring, manage filing of documentation, candidate’s invitation.
- Social security and income tax: Prepare social security & income tax monthly sheets and payments, focal point with social security authority in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Cleaners/Cook Management: Supervise cleaners and cook daily tasks, leaves and schedule.
- HR Information & communication: Make all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.)
- Leaves managements: follow up on staff leaves and keep the leave balances sheet updated.
- Follow-up the Process of Salary Advance with the staff and provide the report to Personnel Administration Manager.
- Prepare staff settlements including final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Field Support: support the needs of HR team in the other projects.
- Follow up on the evaluations, probations, contracts’ renewal and induction/onboarding and to communicate with the other departments.
- Follow-up the requests with supply Dept. drinking water, gas cylinders, stationary, hygiene materials and beverage.
- Managing the admin stock and provide a monthly report for consumption.
- Update the organogram for Coordination staff.
- Briefing for the new staff for HR part, contracts, internal regulation.
- Follow up of water and electricity bills payment for MSF premises.
- Ensure the HR templates (leaves, salary advance, overtime/ Public Holiday, …. etc) and polices are posted on the notice board.
- Preparing & printing MSF IDs’ for national staff.
- Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Mission language and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Team work and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- How to apply If you are confident that you meet the above requirements: Send your Motivation Letter & CV in English to: [email protected] Or drop your application in the CV box at the MSF OCB Office in Baghdad_ Al Mansour. Also, this post is shared on both Jobs Announcements platforms: NGO Jobs Bids website https://ngosjobs-bids.com Iraq Jobs Scout website https://iqjscout.com ALWAYS CLEARLY MENTION THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR: HR Assistant Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted but not selected CVs may be kept on file in case of future vacancies. MSF has the right to postpone or cancel this recruitment.
- Job Reference HR ASSISTANT