|Reporting to (Hierarchical)||Operations Manager|
|Reporting to (Technical)||HR Manager and Deputy Finance Coordinator|
All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The HR-Finance Officer is a combined position that oversees both HR and Finance functions in the area by taking the responsibilities to support INTERSOS activities in the field and staff with admin/finance tasks on daily basis in addition to the implementation of HR policies and procedures, and correct administrative management of the staff in the area of responsibility.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- In line with the recruitment policy, conduct the recruitment process for the assigned vacancies in the area and select applicants who meet the specified criteria for the position in close coordination with the hiring managers, and under the technical supervision of the HR Manager.
- Coordinate with the hiring managers, operations manager, and HR Manager to plan and identify the staff needs in the area.
- Ensure that the recruitment process is properly tracked, documented, and archived.
- Ensure that all new joiners sign their contract on time, assigned an email, receive their ID badge/Insurance Card and IT equipment if needed.
- Using the BCL (Briefing check list), ensure that all staff are inducted on HR topics properly upon on boarding, along with other briefing topics (e.g. Security, COVID, CP/PSEA).
- Track and report the inductions/briefings given to staff in the area of responsibilty on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that all staffs in the area of responsibility (National, international, visits, etc.) are properly briefed and/or inducted.
Employee Data Management
- Collect the personal documentation of the new joiners during on boarding, scan them properly, and attach them on IMP.
- Enter/update data into the HR database (IMP and Internal Database) on a regular basis.
- In coordination with Erbil team, ensure that staff personal dossier is kept up to date containing all standard documentation to facilitate HR processes management.
- Ensure that staff documents are properly checked and validated (signed by the relevant parties) before sending them to the coordination team.
Attendance & Leaves Management
- Assist line managers to ensure that all staff have a pre-agreed annual leave plans that are updated every quarter.
- Track and approve leave requests and share leave balances with the staff/line managers on a quarterly basis. Ensure that the leave tracker is up to date on a regular basis.
- Retrieve attendance documents (hard copies/electronic reports), review/approve them, and prepare the monthly timesheet (allocation sheet) accordingly.
Salaries & Payroll
- Collect the signatures of the monthly pay-slips and ensure that staff receive their copy.
Employee Conflicts/Disciplinary Actions
- In close collaboration with the line managers and HR Manager, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible staff conflicts in the area.
- Support the HR Manager/coordinator when taking disciplinary measures.
- Support the bases with performance management, address/report capacity building needs from evaluations.
- Follow up on the implementation of the staff’s performance appraisal system, track and review performance evaluation form, and validate the process (forms signed and properly filled) before sharing them with coordination team.
- Support, in close coordination with the HR Manager, the managers in detecting training needs through consolidating staff’s performance result, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, and follow up on action plans to improve people capabilities.
- If requested, Area HR Officer can attend an IRP meeting to support facilitate the discussion and ensure the objectives of IRP are met.
- Ensure that staff receive and sign their contracts correctly and on time, carry out amendments/renewal/non-renewal and contract termination formalities for employees in the area of responsibility as per the internal regulations.
- Track and follow up on the contract status of staff in the area of responsibility, and request support from the coordination team.
Employee Exit Procedures
- Ensure that the exiting staff completes/goes through the clearance procedures as per the policy and conducts an exit interview.
- Follow up with the coordination team to ensure that exiting staff receive their employment certificates at the end of a contract to meet legal requirements while defending INTERSOS’s interests and based on Internal Regulation.
- Guide and support managers and staffs on HR policies and procedures and monitor the implementation of the rules in line with the Internal Regulation.
- Update local Social security Tax office employee files in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- In coordination with the HR Coordinator, ensure to update and communicate the organization chart to the area team on a regular basis.
- Responsible that all official administrative information/communications are available to staff through postings, meetings, and/or internal chatrooms.
- Support in translating documents/communications into local language If needed.
- Prepare and share statistical/narrative monthly HR reports to the operations/HR Managers.
- Facilitate and support in arranging internal HR workshops and trainings for national staffs in the area of responsibility.
- Conduct regular visits to field locations to support/meet with the staff.
- Any other relevant tasks assigned by the line manager/functional manager.
- In charge of daily bookkeeping and cash counts.
- Handling all payments to suppliers and contractors as requested and authorized by management staff and immediate supervisor by cash
- Contributing to the planning of the expenses in coordination with the immediate supervisor, the logistician, the technical staff, and the project managers
- Monitoring all cash flow movements
- Being aware of mission operating budget and financial conditions and constraints/depend of coordination with Erbil office
- Preparation of cash count.
- Monitoring the level of expenses in relation to available budgets
- Daily administrative office tasks
- Ensuring good record keeping and filing of archive
- Any other duties not listed above and necessary for the implementation of the activities
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in Business Management/Administration is preferred, or any other relevant diploma. (Other degrees are accepted if equivalently compensated with enough experience)
- Minimum of a combined 2 years of relevant professional experience in HR and Finance/Accounting.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good leadership skills
- Strong technical knowledge in protection
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Address Telafar / West Ninewa USD Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area