Un Ponte Per (UPP) is an NGO established in 1991. It has started its activities as “Un ponte per Baghdad”, right after the end of the war in Iraq, with the aim of organizing solidarity initiatives in favor of the Iraqi civil society. Later on, the intervention of Un Ponte Per started including Serbia and other Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries. The NGO mission is to prevent new conflicts, protect human rights and support civil society, especially in the Middle East, through humanitarian and development programs, always supporting the local civil society. UPP is active in Iraq since 1991 and is regularly registered at National and Kurdistan Region levels.
- Preparing staff contracts, extensions, and amendments.
- Creating, updating, and managing personal file for staff members.
- Collecting all staff timesheets and storing them in a good manner.
- Tracking leaves (annual, sick, marriage, etc).
Staffing and Talent Acquisition
- Opening and advertising of vacancies.
- Screening and filtering of applications.
- Managing different recruitment phases.
- Maintaining an active and organized roster list of applicants for various positions.
- Plan and conduct/coordinate new employee orientation including provision of information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- Preparing and processing of payrolls and pay slips.
- Managing Social Security, End of Service and other benefits
- Managing and calculating income tax.
- Preparing health Insurance breakdown and following up on deletions and additions.
- Support managing the staff performance appraisal process.
- Identify performance gaps and areas of improvement.
- Support in organizing training activities and ensuring the delivery of quality content.
Recruitment at UPP
- UPP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. UPP considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- UPP upholds all the minimum standards in terms of Ethical Conduct and strives to increase its standards over the minimum. Zero tolerance is reserved to Sexual Abuse and Exploitation and to Child Abuse, Violence, Harm, Injury and Negligence, as well as to Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism. By applying, the candidate assures that s/he has never breached any standards of SEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorism and that s/he won’t in the future. For the protection of beneficiaries, communities and partners, UPP, through the HR Manager and/or the Executive Director, will conduct extensive reference check and profound vetting on shortlisted candidates, also further to the contacts indicated by the candidate. Candidates are alerted that the required background checks might compromise their privacy. Shortlisted candidates shall promptly provide an up-to-date criminal background check.
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Un Ponte Per also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment.
- Address Ainkawa
- How to apply How to apply: Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their resumes attached electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email. Email subject must read: EBL23-1701 Email without vacancy title will not be considered. Email after the closing date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please name the files attached to your application as follow: Name_Surname_CV, Name_Surname_CL Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be screened on a rolling basis. Therefore, UPP reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required qualifications before the mentioned deadline.
- Job Reference EBL23-1701