Job Title: HR Officer
Duty station: Erbil – Iraq (KRG)
Duration of assignment: 12 months (Renewable)
Contract type: National Employment Contract
Starting date: 1st of December 2023
- Company background
Van Company for Industrial Investment and General Trading was established in (1999) and gained preference and distinction among companies, in 2020 the decision has been made to establish Van Steel to be the largest plant in Iraq. Van Steel is a rebar-making plant, situated in Timar Industrial Zone in the city of Erbil. Our facility is dedicated to producing high-quality construction reinforcement rebars spanning from 8 to 32 mm utilizing the latest technology of the Arc Furnace.
- Job Description / Assignment
Van Steel is recruiting a HR Officer to support Van Steel Human Resource duties in Erbil office.
Overall purpose of the role: The HR Officer will be supporting Human Resource operations by preparing monthly Payroll, filing, documentation of HR processes, monitoring employees HR tasks and sound implementation of administrative procedures and systems, in compliance with Van Steel requirements.
- Preparing payroll document on monthly basis including calculations social security, tax etc.
- Tracking and updating the Fingerprint system for all employees on a monthly basis.
- Monitoring leave balances for each employee by updating the leave tracker and archiving leave papers.
- Follow up on expat documentations regularly.
- Follow up on residency documents of the expat staff and coordinate with lawyer in regard to renewing expiring documents.
- Updating the Employee database: Maintain an updated contract tracking sheet. (450 Employees)
- Facilitating the recruitment/employment process if needed: Shortlisting, Interviews, offer or rejection email (written test, background check, request documents, Contact, request for email address, request for phone number, etc.)
- Keeping detailed HR archive files, for all Van Steel staff and consultant’s personal documents and tracking IDs for expirations dates regularly.
- Preparing support letters.
- Prepare and process contracts and amendments of employees and organize orientation sessions for the new employees in coordination with other departments and units in the organization.
- Prepare and follow up on employee clearance form and contract termination.
- Supporting implementation of administrative procedures and systems, in compliance with Van Steel requirements.
- Booking travel (taxi, rental, and flight) and accommodations for expats and guests
- Handling logistical and transportation procedures for guests and expats
- Ensure all HR operations adhere to legal standards
- Support staff and managers on day-to-day issues
- Good knowledge of local labor regulations
- Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant University degree in Human Resources Management/Economics/Finances/Accounting or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of previous HR experience in a similar position. Previous work experience for a similar industry would be an asset.
- High experience with payroll systems and Human Resources Management Software
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, internet.
- Desirable: knowledge of governmental regulations on HR (Social Security, Tax, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of English, Kurdi, Turkish (spoken and written). Arabic would be an asset.
- Good communication and reporting skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with finance, administration, and department staff.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- How to apply Only applicants who apply as per the below details will be shortlisted. • We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage everyone to apply. We particularly encourage women to apply and contribute to our diverse and inclusive work environment. • Deadline of submission: 21st November 2023 23:59 • All applications must include the following (In English and in PDF format only): o Detailed CV o Cover Letter (explaining suitability for the position) o Email body • Your application should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “HR Officer” • Van Steel reserves the right to close the announcement prior to the stated deadline as applications are screened on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. • Incomplete applications and wrong title formats will not be considered. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.