Join Our Journey
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. We also provide Project Management services to the client. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
Scope of Responsibilities
Provide day-to-day HSE service /advice that are effective and suitable to support Projects HSE objectives and ensure HSE requirements are widely and consistently understood and implemented. Mentoring marine contractor team and Local National Iraqi staff in routine duties and responsibilities in order to facilitate the re-nationalisation of oil and gas production.
- Provide advice for day-to-day HSE activities in accordance with designated areas of responsibility.
- Ensure to implement Petrofac HSE initiatives in their respective areas.
- Contribute in development of HSE procedures to establish and ensure safe and efficient operations in compliance with Industry standards, H&S guidelines and regulations.
- Coordinate with Operations and Maintenance teams and ensure implementation of Project HSE Plan and Operational control procedures requirements in their area of responsibility.
- Ensure Petrofac life-saving rules requirements are communicated and implemented.
- Ensure effective implementation of ISSOW (Integrated safe system of work/Permit to Work/ Safe System work) in their respective areas.
- Mentor Line supervision in Petrofac Assurance Index (PAI) and STOP card observation programs.
- Lead periodical reviews such as HSE Management system, Health Risk management, Security Risk management, Incident Management, Environment impact assessment, legal compliance, Sub-contractor performance etc.
- Support HSE meetings, campaigns and mentor risk management meetings and sessions.
- Ensure an adequate HSE action tracking system is in place to follow up on actions resulting from accidents, incidents, near misses, hazardous occurrences.
- Provide regular, reliable reports and data for monitoring HSE performance.
- Deliver HSE induction, site orientation, ISSOW authorized roles training and maintain the records.
- Provide required HSE support for Site Leadership team during HSE Walk-through(Golden Hour Program)
- Conduct joined HSE inspections with marine contractor team at offshore facilities and advise the to comply with Petrofac’s safety requirements.
- Mentor and coach Local nationals staff in the roles and responsibility, as applicable.
- Develop, conduct, assess and maintain HSE training program for the offshore team aligned with Oil and marine industry standard and ensure the team is fully competent to perform safety roles.
- Participate in development of Task Based Risk Assessments / for project activities and ensure control measures are in place.
- Lead operational risk identification (RADAR) at workplace and ensure field verification undertaken by the team.
- Conduct lessons learned implementation, develop shared learning and coach workforce on the best practice.
- Participate in Tool box talks and other stand down talks with work force and ensure 20 seconds are conducted at field.
- Conduct spot checks on activities (Working at heights, manual handling, lifting operations, , use of chemicals, Hot works etc.) and ensure all the control measures are implemented.
- Conduct Life Saving Rules Safety Audits regularly.
- Maintain a daily working relationship with the line supervision (Petrofac & Sub contractors) in relation of their respective compliance with the provisions of the HSE policies, HSE Plan and legal requirements.
- Participate in Incident Investigations and ensure corrective actions are closed with the time frame.
- Conduct contractor vessel safety Inspection & Crew Competency.
- Coordinate with offshore medic team to carry out hygiene and welfare Inspection.
- Coordinate with office support team on employee Medical Fitness for Task.
- Be part of Site Emergency Response Team and assume ER roles during emergencies.
- Conduct and lead periodical emergency drills and exercises and oil platform and vessels.
- Conduct periodical display screen equipment inspection and ensure working environment meeting safety requirements.
- Ensure control of rigging equipment is managed as per Petrofac’s Lifting Operations Procedure.
- Ensure mobile elevated working platforms are safe to use, and comply with Petrofac’s working at height safety requirements.
- Conduct periodic inspection of SCABA, Gas Detector, Fire Extinguisher, Eye Wash Kit, AED First Aid Kit, Spill Kit, Life raft, Life Chute, Life Boat, and Life Jacket etc.
- Retaining of internal & external certification of HSE equipment and record the equipment with calibration register.
- Ensure hazardous & non-hazardous chemicals are managed safely; SDS and COSHH documents are periodically reviewed. Ensure chemical use/transfer form to be followed accordingly.
- Ensure offshore bunkering operations are carried out under task risk assessments and meeting acceptable weather criteria.
- Ensure offshore personal boat transfer is performed in safe manner meeting acceptable weather criteria.
- Ensure all hand tools, power tools used at worksite complying with in-house technical and user inspection and tagged accordingly.
- Ensure rotating equipment is fit with guards to all exposed parts and complying with PUWER-Provision of work equipment regulation.
- Ensure offshore lifting operations are complying with LOLER regulation, meeting with risk assessments and support to develop lifting plans whenever required.
- Dropped objects & trip hazards mitigation.
- Ensure that all work equipment is inspected and labelled- certified by competent & authorized personnel.
- STOP and report all safe, unsafe acts and unsafe conditions. HSE Reward & recognition program to be rolled out and provide feedback to O&IM Manager.
- Conduct HSE Inspections in their allocated areas and ensure corrective actions are taken with in the agreed time frame.
- Responsible for the promotion and implementation of Petrofac / sub-contractor and client’s HSE policies and initiatives.
- Conduct periodical audit on trip and shift handover documents verify safety issues, safety briefs, risk assessments and recorded accordingly.
- Process expert knowledge in, and mentor all parties to strictly implement a site compliance with Petrofac HSSE procedures for all of the following, and any other as directed.
- Applying positive isolations, integrity testing and recording. Conduct periodic test to ensure the effectiveness of isolation.
- Applying override/inhibit safety critical equipment and integrity testing.
- Perform routine ICC-Isolation confirmation certificate audit on long term and short term isolations and perform periodical review to evaluate the effectiveness of the system.
- Purging, washing, containment when draining and pressure testing.
- Breaking of and re-establishing hydrocarbon containment.
- Total compliance with confined space procedure & protocol.
- Monitor suitability and deployment of stand-by man, fire watchers or fire warden.
- Able to train project staff in BA and escape set use.
- Pressure testing and hazardous zone exclusion awareness.
- Emphasis on H2S and N2 hazard awareness.
- Visual inspection for leaks and seeps on process lines as part of process integrity management and ensure the system is healthy with operation team.
Minimum Job Requirement
- Knowledge and experience of performing Internal OHS Audit – In line with 45001 & Environmental Audit – In line with 14001
- Capability of contractor HSE team management
- Knowledge of HSE risk management techniques- Task risk assessment, Operation risk assessment, Management of change etc.
- Knowledge and applying of local & International HSE regulatory compliance
- HSE trainer/ Facilitator
- Team member in root cause analysis (RCA) studies.
- Knowledge of International Oil and marine Industry Standards / Practices (OCIMF, IMCA, ISGOTT, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISPS etc.)
- Offshore safety requirements (Inspection of LSA-Lifesaving appliances, Vessel safety Inspection, drills etc.)
- Physical Effort and Work Environment
- Duties performed on Site with generally harsh climatic conditions
- Internal Auditors Training
- 10 years of HSE experience, 6 of which is Oil & Gas experience including Offshore Or marine industry
- NEBOSH General Certificate
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch with you soon.