Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSSE CSU Lead at Basra, Iraq with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Goal Zero for Process and Personal Safety, No Leaks and No Injuries.
- A framework for timely, effective and ongoing communications between Project and Asset staff to assure transition activities are well coordinated and aligned with ongoing pre-commissioning activities and scheduled events.
- Manage risk through a well thought out and executed transition plan and process.The purpose of the position is to manage a safe, smooth and efficient HSSE transfer from Project to Asset (P2A),
The position is dedicated to the BGC Commissioning & Start-up Team, and will line report to the BGC Project HSE Manager, and part of the integrated Project HSE Team.
The position is responsible for the;
- Delivery and Implementation of the HSSE CSU Plan (in BNGL and other projects)
- Facilitating the CSU Hazards and Effects Risk Register and managing related interfaces between Project (construction & CSU) and Asset Teams.
- Coaching and support to CSU and PHSE teams, and contractors
- Tracking and report on HSE performance
- Support CSU incident management
The HSSE CSU Plan will cover the key HSSE processes and risks and related actions including Access and Permit to Work, Emergency Response, Safe Isolation, Road Safety, Environmental Management, SIMOPS.
The is expected to deliver the following business outcomes;
- Transfer knowledge to local CSU team, HSE Advisors and contractors
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 years relevant experience in Project Delivery and CSU – P2A transfer, HSE in Operations
- This role can be filled by either an Operations or HSSE professional with project CSU/start-up experience with demonstrated HSSE leadership capabilities.
- Formal academic and professional qualifications in a construction-pre-com, or Operations HSE
- Demonstrated Leadership & management skills
- Structured and systematic
- Proven fit for purpose problem solving capability
- Excellent collaboration
- Strong influencing and negotiating
- Effective networker with a wide range of people at all levels in the organization
- Proven ability to communicate and contribute in open forum with management
- Experience leading, mentoring and developing multi-disciplinary teams
- Local content development
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!