The Human Resources Advisor integrates with the Iraqi Red Crescent Society – Development Programme (IRCS – DP) team and will coordinate the provision of HR services and be accountable, under the direction and guidance of the IRCS Secretary General. He/she will ensure human resource coherence among all partners involved in Iraq, raise awareness of any high-level human resource problems/risks in the coordination or implementation of the IRCS-DP.
The incumbent will provide strategic advice in the area of HR to stakeholders at all levels to advance IRCS HR priorities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Strategic coordination and Staffing
- Develop and implement the IRCS HR Plan.
- HR mapping of the existing IRCS capacities.
- Responsible to update or develop/adapt HR manual and policies.
- Develop a Transparent and effective recruitment system in place including JDs for all departments.
- Develop and implement a Performance management system for all staff.
- Advise on human-resources strategic matters pertaining to the IRCS.
- Coordinate the strategic direction and operational services for the, efficient and effective management of the IRCS human resources and promote cooperation between Support services and Programs Operations.
- Hold discussions and collect information early in the year on anticipated staffing needs with representatives of the departments and teams. Support in the implementation of staffing strategies to support operations and ensure timely provision and recruitment needs.
- Query and highlight any perceived/possible human resource and related problem/risks and identify potential solutions, in coordination with Senior management Team.
- Maintain an inventory of human-resource problems/risks and of actions toward resolution.
- Highlight any perceived/possible HR related risks in relation to contracts, or agreements.
- Attend IRCS-DP management meetings to determine HR needs.
- When required, travel to other offices of IRCS to conduct HR needs assessments, and act as a back-up for HR resourcing pending mobilization of a suitable profile to ensure adequate in-country HR capacity.
- Contribute to building the capacity of National Society HR practitioners via transfer of knowledge and coaching on HR policies, procedures, guidelines, systems and tools.
- In coordination with the departments/teams, provide proactive advice and support to counterparts on the application of policies, procedures, systems, and best practices as needed.
- Ensure that all personnel have clear, authorized and legalized contract agreements signed as per IRCS standards.
- Ensure that all personnel are conversant with IRCS policies and guidelines that govern behaviour including the Code of Conduct.
- Work alongside managers to develop and establish the highest levels of performance from their staff.
- Guide managers to perform the whole range of performance management activities (e.g. set objectives, appraisals, end of year reviews, coaching etc.).
- Identify gaps and contribute to the definition of training and development actions as appropriate.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and staff in cases of poor performance, performance improvements plans, and/or disciplinary situations.
- Support in facilitating training of staff in the use of the relevant tools for highest standards of performance management.
- Ensure that staff are timely appraised and monitor quality of evaluations in compiling final appraisals for the HR files.
- Oversee preparation of accurate and timely reports.
- Manage the reporting process and provide analysis and statistics to the management team, assisting them to interpret information and take decisions.
- Manage direct line reports and assigned resources (financial, equipment, etc.).
- Lead, direct and motivate staff to ensure the highest level of performance in their respective areas of responsibility, ensuring quality service, compliance and timeliness.
- Focus the Human Resources Team to ensure alignment of the human resources function with priorities and objectives.
- Ensure the Human Resources Team is adequately resourced with competent personnel.
- Be actively involved in succession planning and in ensuring match of skills and experience to positions requirements.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the IRCS Strategic Plan and Budget.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the IRCS Secretary General.
- University degree in Management, HR or related field. Master degree is a plus A combination of a first-level university degree and extensive relevant experience may be accepted in lieu.
- Fluency in verbal and written Arabic
- Good verbal and writing English
- Minimum 8 years of professional HR management experience, with at least three years as HR generalist – Required
- Experience managing and delivering human resources projects and reports – Required
- Experience of writing and adapting policies and procedures – Required
- Experience in facilitating and supporting management/HR/admin personnel in HR related matters – Required
- Experience working in a Red Cross or Red Crescent National Society and/or IFRC or ICRC or in an international organization ( INGO, NGO, humanitarian sector) – Preferred
- Experience in capacity building with partners, staff and/or volunteers – Preferred
- Experience in managing investigations, disciplinaries and issues of misconduct – Preferred
- Address Iraqi Red Crescent Society Headquarters
- Salary Offer TBD USD TBD Month
- How to apply For interested applicants, please send your CV to the following email address including the title of the position in the email subject: firstname.lastname@example.org