Project: FMSO (Facility Management Service Operations)
Job Title: HVAC Technician
Rotation: 12 weeks on/3 weeks off
*Candidates must be able to obtain the relevant security clearance and have a 5 year footprint in the UK*
Core Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Works Act and implementing Safe Systems of Work.
- Ensure a good understanding of codes of practice, British Standard and good working practice is imparted to the HVAC Team.
- Pro-actively promote an open and honest HSE culture within the HVAC department.
- Arranging for HVAC repairs to be undertaken and satisfactorily completed within contracted timescales as dictated by the Site Lead.
- Initiation and ordering of materials via the Stores Request Service.
- Conduct ad-hoc and weekly toolbox talks.
- Deliver pre-shift briefs and any specific task instructions.
- Present a positive image of KBR at all times.
- Provide assistance to the Site Leadon non-related HVAC matters as and when required.
- Provide rotational leave cover and/or support for Site Lead as required.
- Provide support and technical advice to the on-site HVAC Technicians in relation to the investigation of faults and problems and advise on all HVAC related matters.
- Ensure document control accountability for all KBR forms used in relation to the tasks undertaken on site.
- Deliver the scheduled maintenance and inspection of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Deliver/oversee repairs of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Produce written reports and updates for the various aspects of HVAC related operations.
- Any other duties as directed.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- The HVAC Technician must be of a Technical status and have a relevant post qualification experience.
- Must hold NVQ level 3 Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or equivalent/higher qualifications in an appropriate discipline together with relevant experience.
- Experience of working with all aspects of ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Hold a current refrigerant gas safe handling certification.
- Proven ability of applying good environmental practices in tasks performed including the investigation of accidents and incidents, carrying out risk assessments, risk control and complying with UK Health and Safety legislation.
- Experience of supervising small teams, with low levels of oversight/assistance
- Capable of producing written reports and recording time/materials for jobs
- Must be fluent in English language levels, written and oral to a minimum of IELTS 5
- Holder of a clean, valid driving licence
- Knowledge of airfield operations and services would be an advantage
- Experience of working on operations in austere remote sites or in developing nations
- Knowledge of JSP 375 Safe Systems of work and desire to become an Authorised Person.