Under the management of the Team supervisor, the Hygiene Promoter & Distribution Worker will ensure smooth distribution of food & hygiene kits and provision of Covid19 awareness sessions, to vulnerable households
The Hygiene Promoter & Distribution Worker will be in charge of
- Contribute to the screening and identification of vulnerable households
- Conduct actual distribution of kits (Hygiene & Food) to the vulnerable households based on the list of selected beneficiaries
- Conduct Covid19 awareness sessions to households in parallel of the distribution
- Ensure methodology and SoPs (including covid19 precautionary measures) are fully respected
- Assure proper, dignified and safe treatment of beneficiaries
- Assist in the distribution process in the warehouse (including daily loading and offloading of kits as per planning)
- Provide regular updates from the field to the Team Supervisor including the collected information of the recipient households and the means of verifications.
- Report security incidences in the
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Line management: Team Supervisor
Education: University degree in social work or a related field.
Languages: Excellent Arabic. English preferable.
Previous experience in community work, social work or protection.
Previous experience with international or local NGOs desirable.
Ability to work daily in a field-setting
Proven ability to work within a team, collaborate and work in autonomy
Abilities to properly communicate with beneficiaries, families, and other staff
Ability to handle confidential matters, meet deadlines and work under pressure
The working hours are the following:
Sunday until Thursday, from 8.00 AM to 4.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities. This position entails daily field movements within Diyala governorate.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
v Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
v Internal regulation (IR)
v Child protection policy (CPP)
v Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
v Antifraud and bribery
v Code of Conduct (CoC
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before 25th Nov 2020 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD- HPDW-535 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD- HPDW-535