The purpose of the Iraq Governance and Performance Accountability (IGPA) project is to advance effective, accountable, and transparent governance in Iraq. This USAID effort, implemented by DAI, will work with the Government of Iraq (GOI) at all levels to better respond to citizen needs by supporting reform initiatives and Iraqi change agents on inclusive governance and public sector transparency, accountability, and economy. “Reform initiatives” includes support to improve service delivery functions, public financial management, and open government initiatives. IGPA will support the GOI and the citizens of Iraq in forming partnerships and collaborative efforts to solve problems jointly. IGPA has four (4) objectives:
- Enhance GOI service delivery capacity
- Improve public financial management
- Strengthen monitoring and oversight of service delivery and public expenditure
- Support Iraqi change agents (cross-cutting objective)
The overall objective of this scope of work (SoW) is to assist the ministry of planning (MoP) in Baghdad to utilize the capabilities and functionalities of IDMS to better track investment budget preparation, budget execution, budget monitoring, commitment controls, obligations and procurement planning.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
IDMS Specialist /Trainer will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Finalize and submit the training materials, agenda, and handouts for the IDMS trainings.
- IDMS Specialist will work with MoP to identify IDMS training needs for provinces and line ministries with spending units and responsibilities over the investment budget. Access to IDMS will enable spending units to submit, track progress, monitor, track invoices, control commitments, plan procurements and generate reports on capital investment projects.
- Follow up with MOP on IDMS system upgrade and all added functional to the system and their impact on the system work.
- IDMS advisor will do follow-up workshops after give a training to the selected Ministry or Province.
- Support the regional PFM coordinator in the planning and execution of the approved training plan.
- Participate in stakeholder meetings related to IDMS trainings.
- Write training report for each training course implemented.
- Write Follow Up report for each visit or virtual session conducted after the trainings.
- Support the training and development of change agents nominated from the MoP, line ministries and provinces to sustain the IDMS training and capacity building work
- Provide technical support to the PFM lead when needed in regard to the IDMS trainings.
- Provide technical support to the client (GOI) when needed in regard to the IDMS implementation
- Provide weekly reports to the team lead.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years of experience in IDMS system or to relevant field.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field is required.
- Experience in training staff from GOI is preferred.
- Knowledge of capital investment cycle for GOI.
- Knowledge of the investment plan from the MOP and all related Ministries.
- Experience with USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Accuracy in working with large amounts of data.
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds.
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual
- Fluency in English is required
Location and Reporting:
IDMS Specialist /Trainer will be based in Baghdad, Iraq and embedded in the Ministry of Planning and will report to the PFM team lead.
- Address Baghdad
- How to apply You can address your application to : [email protected] Your application will not be taken into consideration if you do not insert the position title in subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.