SCOP OF WORK/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The IM Trainer will be based in Baghdad, with the possibility of travelling to other duty stations. They will be responsible for the overall capacity strengthening of the DMA and RMAC staff through capacity assessment, development, and delivery of formal training, as well as the provision of on-the-job training and technical support. The IM Trainer will ensure that training participants are followed up to enable the handover of all IMSMA-related functions to be handed over to the National Mine Action Authorities. They will carry out all additional tasks that the IM/GIS Technical Advisor and Project Manager of iMMAP assign.
Development of Training Plan
- Create and maintain an updated organogram of all DMA and RMAC staff within the IM Department.
- Conduct individual capacity assessments of the DMA and RMAC staff to identify training needs and develop training records.
- Maintain a record of all training provided to each DMA and RMAC staff member.
- Support the P5 Project Manager to develop an annual training plan for DMA and RMAC IM and relevant OPS staff based on their existing capacities, roles, and responsibilities.
- Prepare and develop IM training materials, including presentations, user guides, handouts, datasets, and pre- and post-assessments.
- Support the delivery of the GIS training, including the preparation and planning of the training sessions.
- Plan and organize IM and relevant training and workshops for the DMA and RMAC staff in coordination with the project manager.
- Advise on an appropriate participant list for formal training based on the DMA organogram, roles and responsibilities of the staff and capacity assessments.
- Draft training reports on completion, highlight content covered, achievements, challenges, lessons learned, participant feedback, and update DMA staff training records.
- Deliver formal training to the DMA and RMAC staff, in coordination with the IM/GIS Technical Advisor.
- Follow up on the outcomes, the knowledge uptake and how the trainee deployed it to the daily work.
- Documenting and sharing follow-up reports with the Project Manager and TAs.
- Provide training to new IM staff within iMMAP and/or DMA, including an introduction to mine action and how to use IMSMA and GIS programs.
On-Job Training and Coaching
- Provide on-the-job training and technical support to iMMAP, DMA, and RMAC staff by overseeing daily operational directives for completion and quality.
- Provide a comprehensive training package, including training handouts and expected outcomes.
- Maintain records of all on-the-job training and technical support provided to all DMA and RMAC staff and submit them to the P5 Project Manager monthly.
- Follow up and documentation of all DMA and RMAC training participants at periodic intervals after training to support the application of new skills taught during the training.
- Identify any needs for new and additional formal training based on capacity assessments and the technical support provided. Advise the P5 Project Manager and IM/GIS Technical Advisor on any updates required to the training plan.
- Update individual DMA and RMAC staff capacity assessment records every 6 months, based on the training completed and the assessment of skill updates.
- Inform the P5 Project Manager and IM/GIS Technical Advisor on any technical issues or difficulties encountered by the DMA and RMAC staff.
- Complete additional tasks assigned by the P5 Project Manager and/or IM/GIS Technical Advisor.
- Where needed, represent the iMMAP project team in technical working groups, meetings, and other events.
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP staff, and external contacts with national and local government officials and both local and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for the marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Country Security Advisor.
As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that all team members will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of field projects.
- Experience in the delivery of IM and GIS training.
- Good knowledge of database and GIS software and computer networks. Good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Very good ability in topographical map reading.
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, and NGOs working with community projects and agencies involved in action.
- Understanding data QA/QC processes for information management is essential.
- Possess advanced skills in MS Access, MS SQL Server and Office suite.
- Experience in developing e-training courses would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of programming theory and relational database principles.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- At least 5 years of working experience with IMSMA on the field operational level and in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good working knowledge of English and Arabic (written and spoken).
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
- Address Baghdad, Iraq
- How to apply Via Link below: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1261
- Job Reference https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1261