Under the responsibility of the Project Manager and in close collaboration with the Inclusion Specialist, the Inclusion Officer will be responsible to:
- Develop and roll-out training and awareness sessions on Inclusion, Disability and Advocacy to project partners (including health facilities and local organizations)
- Assess, prioritize and follow-up on physical accessibility works in health facilities.
- Support consultation with CSOs, OPDs and disability stakeholders and design and implementation of awareness campaigns on access to health care for persons with disabilities.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION
Based in Baghdad and/or Basra, with frequent travels to other areas of operations, the Inclusion Officer be responsible of the following tasks
TRAINING, CAPACITY BUILDING AND INCLUSION MAINSTREAMING
- Identify the inclusion needs, gaps and priorities of partners and stakeholders in order to mainstream inclusion and to share appropriate guidelines and adapt trainings and awareness sessions accordingly
- Develop, facilitate and implement trainings and/or awareness sessions inclusion and inclusive health care to project partners in particular DOH and health care facilities staff.
- Develop, facilitate and implement Training of Trainers (ToT) on inclusion, international and national legal disability frameworks and advocacy to project partners, in particular CSOs & DPOs members.
ACCESSIBILITY OF PHYSICAL REHABILITATION SERVICES
- Conducted comprehensive physical accessibility assessment of supported facilities, including technical recommendations
- In close coordination with the logistics department, support the design of infrastructural layout as per the needs identified and expressed by the partners, including advice on construction materials and BOQs
- Support logistics department for the monitoring of the construction works
- Regularly gather inputs for and feedback on inclusion and accessibility works through interviews and consultations with the users of the facilities
ACCESS TO HEALTHCARE
- Support the Project Manager in facilitating and organization participatory consultations with health service users, persons with disabilities and disability stakeholders (governmental and non-governmental) to better understand and analyse the physical and non-physical barriers for access to health services and
- Support the Project Manager in designing and implementation appropriate advocacy campaign to raise raise knowledge and awareness on the rights to access to health care for persons with disabilities targeting duty bearers, service providers and community members.
- Provide weekly and/or monthly reporting on activities (achievement of results, activity monitoring, network meeting reports, training needs, etc.)
- Support as needed translation of documents.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Base: Bagdad and/or Basra with frequent movement to the field
Line management: Project Manager
Collaboration with: Project team, MEAL department, Logistics Department and Inclusion Technical unit
- University degree in Social Sciences, Education, International Development or other relevant fields required
- Technical background in engineering or related to physical accessibility is an asset
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in the field of disability or protection
- Previous experience with international or local NGOs (including Organizations of People with Disabilities)
- Experience in delivery of training, preferably related to inclusion or disability
- Understanding of person with disabilities’ barriers and challenges
- Previous experience with HI or with Persons with Disabilities is an asset
- Experience in case management is an asset
Skills & Abilities
- Fluent in Arabic, excellent written and spoken English mandatory
- Excellent communication and relational skills
- Ability to deliver training and coaching
- Reliable to handle confidential and sensitive information
- High capacity to organize his/her work, and manage priorities
- Can work independently and take initiative when needed
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- High level of autonomy and initiative
- Good command on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Windows mandatory
- Strong interest in disability issues
- Very creative, enthusiastic and positive
- Reactive and flexible
- Knowledge in designs software (AutoCAD, sketch up…etc.)
Handicap International strongly encourages applications from people with disability for all positions. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to let us know through your application
The working hours are the following:
Sunday until Thursday, from 8.00 AM to 4.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter so as to reach on or before 5th Apr 2022 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-INCLOFF-631 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted CVs that are sent as photo, screen shot or by link will not be considered. “The position is pending funding confirmation”
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ –BGD-INCLOFF-631