This position delivers against Iraq contracting plans and enables and delivers safe, compliant, reliable and competitive supply chain solutions. The role actively delivers value opportunities, ensuring cost and production targets are enabled by effective and agile end-to-end supply chain management. This position requires skills in sourcing strategies, RFx, evaluation, supplier selection, negotiations, contracting, contract management, supplier management and issue resolution.
This position will be based in Iraq on a Rotational (28:28) basis and will report to the Indirect Procurement Category Delivery Manager. The Security/HSE Category Lead will play a key role in coaching and development of local staff to develop and build PSCM capability for the project.
The activity delivers across all aspects of sourcing activities, from the development of Strategy & Bid Lists, and subsequent RFP preparation, including the development of Evaluation Criteria, and the negotiation and placement of Contracts.
Works with the Line to ensure contractor performance management is executed effectively to drive expected performance and provide commercial/contractual support to operational issues that arise.
- Leads the delivery of PSCM contracting and procurement requirements in the Security and HSE area to support delivery of the work plan.
- Obtains relevant sourcing governance approvals and ensure contracts are compliant to established contract standards and operationalized into P2P systems
- Maintains a deep understanding of the supply market and drives productivity through supplier collaboration, simplification, and standardisation opportunities.
- Delivers robust contract management, including cost management and business risk analysis and support supplier management with the line Contract Accountable Managers (CAMs) to ensure the client’s value is delivered by third parties.
- Creates and enables high-performing teams.
- Owns the Team Communication of delivery timetables to all internal customers through effective reporting and regular meetings.
- Leads procurement team’s KPIs using them to improve performance.
- Manages vendor performance in line with SLAs and follows through on cases where quality expectation was not met with documented resolutions.
- Develops and implements Category Strategy.
- Identifies, implements and realises value through effective Strategic Cost Management, utilising best in class methods and tools
- 8+ years experience in Security/ HSE Category Management and Procurement (P2P), including hands-on sourcing, contracting and supplier management experience across multiple Indirect Procurement categories.
- Deep understanding of regional requirements.
- Strong business acumen with a proven track record of performance delivery and Continuous Improvement.
- Strong influencing and communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders across multiple disciplines, cultures and with suppliers.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and handle ambiguity with openness to change.
- Knowledge of PSCM systems – P2P e.g. SAP/Maximo and Ariba OneSource
- Experience in identifying and mitigating risks in the supply chain, supporting project execution and driving supplier management.
- Must have ability to work with people, to gain respect of peers and team members in a multi-cultural working environment and capable of completing work assignments within agreed timeframes with a competent level of accuracy
- University degree in Supply Chain, Business, Quantity Surveying, or other relevant technical discipline ideal but not conditional.
- Middle East Projects and/or Indirect Procurement experience (UK or on location).
- CIPS or CPM qualified
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.