Role: *Industrial Hygienist*
Location: Southern Iraq
Duration: Long – Term
The clients’ Industrial Hygienist will provide expert guidance, support, training and coaching to the LN Industrial Hygiene (IH) Team, the Health Team, the wider HSE Team, Operations, Wells and Projects regarding worker health protection issues.
- Work with the LN IH Team to enable the delivery of effective IH support of the business
- Advise on the procurement of the necessary equipment and services to allow the IH Team to fulfil its role effectively
- Provide technical expertise and functional guidance to the business on emerging workplace health concerns, interpretation of local
- regulations and industry best practice.
- Conduct risk assessments and provide IH support to sites, at various stages of projects, in modification of facilities in turn-around/shut down mode, and for routine or non-routine activities
- Conduct site assessments and audits for compliance with applicable local regulations and Industry standards
- Provide direction in the strategy, planning and execution of workplace exposure assessments to evaluate health exposure risks.
- Work with business units to provide practical solutions to reduce health risks.
- Develop implementable policies, procedures and supporting documentation relating to the management of workplace health risks.
- Deliver IH training to HSE personnel and assist HSE staff Development.
- Provide IH support for Incident Management Team emergency Response.
• British Occupational Hygiene Society (BOHS) Diploma or equivalent (CMFOH or CFFOH)
• Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Essential experience and job requirements
• Significant experience in industrial hygiene.
• Proven experience demonstrating excellent verbal and written communication skills within a multi-national workforce.
• Experience demonstrating an ability to build productive and credible relationships within a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team.
Experience as an industrial hygiene subject matter expert in the oil and gas industry.
Other essential skills and knowledge
• Must be comfortable travelling to, and working in, a hostile environment.
• Ability to set up, operate and troubleshoot industrial hygiene equipment with minimal support from suppliers.
Desirable criteria and qualifications
• Operational understanding of upstream oil and gas processes
• Demonstrated experience in complex exposure assessment
• Radiation Protection Supervisor
• Food hygiene auditor
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.