The IM Assistant is part of the project support team and IM department under technical supervision of the Senior IM Officer. The position requires:
- Familiarity with commonly used computerized mapping, software applications and data management principles.
- Good cooperating ability, with both national and international personnel.
- Written and spoken proficiency in Arabic and English.
- Communicative, mature and responsible
The IM Assistant supports the project and IM department through accurate and timely data processing, cleaning, and validation as well as the preparation of data-based visualisations and presentations. The IMA does this under direct supervision of the IMO.
- Any other task relevant to the department and role as requested by the SIMO, IMO, or Project Manager and Deputy Programme Manager- Central or Central project S/TFMs.
Guiding Policies, Documents, and Principles.
|· Adhere to all NPA policies, regulations and procedures; including those specific to the department including, but not limited to; NPA global and Iraq MAD Information Management guidelines, GDPR, NPA Iraq HR Policy and authorisation directives.
· Work within the framework of NPA core values.
· Act as an ambassador for NPA, through professionalism and conduct. This includes, as relevant, representing the organisation in a loyal and responsible manner.
· Follow all verbal and/or written instructions, unless in direct violation of safety and duty of care.
· Maintain and care for all equipment issued by NPA and for any loss or damage, being liable for repair or replacement in case of damage resulting from negligence.
- Ensure a safe workplace and protect all staff and equipment from damage/injury.
- University degree, studies on computer science or studies in information management.
- Good working knowledge in technical IT.
- 1-2 years’ experience in the field of data management and database development.
- Experience working with INGOs.
- Experience in Humanitarian Mine Action.
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and GPS.
- How to apply • Interested candidates are invited to submit their CVs via [email protected] • The subject of the email should be EHR-24-004 • Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed. • CVs must be in English Language. • NPA is an equal opportunity employer and Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and/or phone call. • Unsuccessful candidates will not get a reply. • The Closing date is 21st February 2024.
- Job Reference EHR-24-004