|Position||Information Management Assistant|
|Report to||Information Management Officer
|Technical Referent||MEAL Coordinator & Protection Manager|
|Duty Station||Ninewa – Jaddah 1 camp|
All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Information Management Assistant will support the INTERSOS MEAL Department and Protection sector at Ninewa (Jadhaa camp) in managing existing databases, identifying existing gaps within the systems, and proactively developing solutions to strengthen data protection and data quality across the mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the mission in database design, data quality and data protection policy implementation:
- Develop and/or update monitoring tools (KOBO & Survey CTO) to facilitate accurate collection of the data, under the supervision of MEAL and protection teams.
- Coordinate trainings and capacitate protection team on data management and data protection across Iraq.
- Improve monthly output data compilation and management processes for donor reporting.
- Manage access to data management platforms to ensure they are consistent with internal data protection standards and work with HQ/Programmes to ensure they capture indicators and unique beneficiary numbers correctly – Particularly for MHPSS, Legal, Case Management as well as ASSIST Platform.
- Provide, develop, and improve upon existing data analysis and visualizations techniques to enhance learning and evidence-based programming:
- Developing, updating regularly and improving upon the design of INTERSOS monitoring dashboards.
- Applying appropriate statistical principles, identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex datasets.
- Build capacity of programme staff regarding data collection and literacy, including producing training and induction materials.
- Strengthen and enhancing the data protection system at INTERSOS mission.
- Any other tasks requested by Information management officer or protection manager.
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in a related field (Social Work, ICT, Statistics, Information management, computer programming, etc);
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience (of which preferably one year in a supervisory role and related to MEAL or Information Management);
- Previous working experience with IDPs, refugees and/or returnees;
- Experience in advanced data analytics tools such as R, Stata, SPSS, Python, C++ for data science and strong technical skills in Excel required;
- Strong knowledge in coding and the design of data platforms (CommCare, PHP, Power Query, Power Bi, Google Data Studios etc.)
- Knowledge of monitoring, evaluation and information management in the humanitarian context;
- Previous experience in the monitoring and evaluation of protection.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point, Activity Info “Cluster platform”, Google Data Studio, and Knack platfrom).
- Strong background in data collection, data analysis and presentation
- Strong knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Strong experience in data visualization tools (Power Bi, Tableau, R)
- Knowledge of current political, economic, and social fabric of Iraq
- Excellent written communication (in English) and reporting skills
- Strong motivation and adherence to the humanitarian principles and the mission of INTERSOS
- Flexibility in working hours, week end / holidays when required by the situation/ context
- Strong attitude for teamwork and collaboration within a complex organization
- Good leadership skills
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Fluent in Arabic (Written and spoken)
- Excellent in English (Written and spoken)
- Address Jaddah 1 Camp USD Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area