Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Information Management Assistant
Organizational Unit : IM- Resource Management Division
Duty Station : Erbil – Iraq
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G4
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term contract (SST)
Duration of Appointment : Six (6) months with possibility of extension
Closing Date : 05th December, 2022
Reference Code : SVN2022/IRQ/275
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Aapplications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged as well as the Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM)/DCoM, overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Associate Information Management Officer, the successful candidate will provide 1st tier and 2nd tier support for Information Management developed and launched systems within the mission, data processing, data cleaning and data integrity to IOM Iraq’s data warehouse and perform administrative tasks including user management
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- 1. Provide 1st tier support for IM developed and launched systems through Global Support ticketing syste
- 2. Process, clean and support integrity of data from current data warehouse
- 3. Support the development of SQL databases, queries, functions, scripts and stored procedures to process data.
- 4. Perform quality assurance and documentation on unreleased tools and systems
- 5. Perform administrative tasks including but not limited to user registration, user management of systems developed in the mission
- 6. Support in documentation for existing applications
- 7. Contribute to current developed systems training plan
- 8. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Management or related filed from accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 4 years relevant professional experience.
- Professional experience in manipulating databases using SQL Server
- Anticipates and prepares response to changing IM needs of the relevant organizational unit
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results;
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and information;
- Capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work independently and proactively;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Previous work in UN or International Organization an advantage
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results
- Ensures application of institutional financial policies and guidelines
- Advocates incorporation of financial considerations into processes and procedures
- Effectively applies knowledge of relevant financial discipline
- Develops / follows internal control procedures to prevent fraud and mismanagement
- Minimum one year of experience in systems analysis and development, data modelling and
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is and advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM IN/234 – Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 21.11.2022 to 05.12.2022