SCOPE OF WORK
The Information Management Officer will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator. The Information Management Officer will be based in Erbil with the ability to travel to the whole Iraq province to provide technical support for National Authorities and RMACs.
They will be responsible for providing IM and technical support to NMAAs and implementing partners and focusing on increasing DMA staff IM capacities and reporting quality. Also, responsible for writing and preparing work-related documents and revision IM tools developed by iMMAP for NMAAs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Complete the qualitative and quantitative IMSMA database clean-up process in coordination with the operation office on a national and regional level by using different mechanisms such as Navicat PostgreSQL.
- Prepare and analyze mine action IMSMA data by using methods like Navicat PostgreSQL and iMAAT to provide helpful information to the National Mine Action Authority (NMAA) and support the decision-making process.
- Manage IMSMA database through the creation and update of IMSMA forms, the addition or modification of new items or ordnance and the addition of new users or modification of their permissions.
- Create/update IMSMA field reports in paper and digital forms, and IMSMA field reports user guides in English and Arabic versions.
- Contribute to the process of developing IMSMA Core by updating/creating Survey123 forms.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve or develop the IM tools and conduct in-depth testing for the IM/GIS tools.
- With the coordination with the IM team in Erbil, Baghdad and Basra create and update IM standards such as Standard Operation procedure (SOP), Standard Working Procedure (SWP), user guides and other standards in Arabic and English versions.
- Report the IMO monthly achievements to the Project Manager and use the project reporting tools.
- When required, support the IM trainer in providing internal and external capacity building on mine action and information management.
- When needed, support the NMAA requirements and coordination events.
- Ability to visit Iraq provinces whenever required for any IMSMA technical issues.
- Ability to work and coordinate with NGOs, companies, and all mine action partners.
- Represent iMMAP in external meetings with mine action partners and stakeholders.
- Assume the responsibilities of the head of the IM department when needed.
- Complete additional tasks assigned by the Project Coordinator and Project Manager.
- The Information Management Officer will report to the Project Coordinator.
- Where appropriate, represent the iMMAP project team within partners, and participate in local community activities when required.
- Maintain effective and positive internal contacts with iMMAP staff and external contacts with national and local government officials, international non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Follow iMMAP’s branding regulations required for marking, or branding, of all iMMAP products and correspondence.
- Follow security protocols as laid down by the iMMAP Country Security Advisor.
As part of the iMMAP commitment to organizational learning, and in support of the understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, it is expected that all team members will commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit iMMAP as well as individual professional development.
ACCOUNTABILITY TO BENEFICIARIES
iMMAP team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to beneficiaries of iMMAP programs, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring, and evaluation of field projects.
POSITION IN THE CHART
The Information Officer will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, Project Manager and IMMAP’s Country Representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- In-depth knowledge of database, and GIS software, and good knowledge of related hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Very good ability in topographical map reading.
- Ability to coordinate with local administrators, government, NGOs working with community projects and agencies involved in mine-action.
- Understanding data QA/QC processes for information management is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering theory and applications would be an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and long hours at different locations to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to any situation.
- Self-reliant and able to work independently.
- Graduate of an Institute or University in the field of Information Technology, Information Management or Computer Sciences.
- At least one year of working experience in the Informational Management field.
- Experience in the mine action information management field is an asset.
- Good working knowledge of English, and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Excellent computer skills in Windows and Microsoft Office including MS Excel and MS Access.
Personnel is expected to conduct themselves professionally and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct. iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
- Address Justice Tower Floor 12
- How to apply Please apply through below link: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/1281
- Job Reference Information Management Officer - Baghdad or Erbil- Re-advertisement