Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for Electrical and Instrument Designer to strengthen our team in Basra The successful candidate must reside in the Basra and surrounding areas and there is no rotation associated with this position
Working hours are 8 hours per day, 6 days per week
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and update from redline mark-ups
- Understand Field Instruments
- Understand Electrical Diagrams (SLD)
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Instrumentation or Electrical engineering (or relevant subject)
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Strong commitment to safety
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables
- Compliance with industry, international and Client Codes and standards
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Electrical and/or Instrument design experience
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
- Extensive experience with prefabricated, packaged plant design
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in similar role
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!