Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for an Instrument Engineer on a 4/4 rotation located in Basra, Iraq.
- Reporting to the Lead Instrument Engineer the candidate will assume sole responsibility for assigned Instrument and Controls engineering work scopes
- To carry out Instrument and Controls discipline work within a project team, supporting the project team for field development of oil and gas production facilities
- To plan, budget, organize, and control a segment of the Instrument and Controls engineering deliverables for the project
- To prepare Instrument and Controls deliverables for a project FEED in the oil and gas industry, and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the Client’s policies and procedures
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To provide direction and guidance on all Instrument and Controls engineering technical queries raised by either internal or external parties
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Instrument and Controls engineering design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of Instrument and Controls engineering design and analysis
- Thorough awareness of relevant international codes and standards
- Familiar with the typical software packages that are used for Instrument and Controls engineering design
- Experience of the application of HAZOP, HAZID and SIL Rating to Instrument and Controls design
- Experience with Instrument and Controls design for prefabricated modular packaged equipment
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Instrument or Electronics Engineering (B.Sc./B.Eng./M.Sc.)
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ proven capability in an engineering design company
- Operational support / construction and commissioning experience
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!