Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas
- To provide technical assistance, direction, and support to the construction and installation activities for all PACO works.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide technical support to the Out-of-Country PACO Engineering team.
- To liaise with the Client’s In-Country PACO Team.
- To liaise with the Client’s local Operations and Maintenance staff.
- To oversee site contractors during installation and commissioning activities.
- To accurately interpret Site Survey Scope of Work documents as prepared by the Out-of-Country PACO engineering team.
- To perform site survey and data gathering visits to various Client assets as defined in the Site Survey SOW.
- To produce a site survey report, inclusive of photographs and sketches, on completion of every site visit and issue to the Out-of-Country PACO engineering team
- Provide input to construction estimates as and when required.
- To generate PACO deliverables for In-Country engineering projects.
- Review design documents, provide constructability input to designs and resolve constructability challenges.
- Provide Construction Method Statements and input to Engineering as required.
- Ensure that Service Orders are raised on Specialist Vendors and that mobilisation dates are scheduled in line with planned dates.
- Ensure that Fabrication Purchase Orders are raised in line with scheduled dates.
- Ensure that all Materials, Tools and Equipment, including those of Specialist Vendors are mobilised in line with planned dates.
- Provide input to Asset Plans as required.
- Interface with other coordinators to develop the most economical construction methods and techniques.
- Trouble-shooting the design, identifying and resolving issues with engineering and/or fabricator by raising and resolution of Site/Technical Queries.
- Liaise with Construction Supervisors on day to day issues.
- Completing and reviewing as-built documentation.
- To attend daily/weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the In-country focal point.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualification in Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years design engineering experience in the oil and gas industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction activities in relation to Instrument / PACO works.
- Knowledge and understanding of Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, Pre-commissioning, and Commissioning Practices in Oil and Gas Industries.
- Ability to review engineering design drawings and undertake constructability reviews of the design.
- Ability to read and understand engineering design deliverables.
- Familiarity with relevant international codes and standards.
- Awareness of Oil and Gas related HSEQ safe working practices and procedures.
- Experience in oil and gas facility construction and commissioning.
- Proven capability in an engineering design company.
- Previous experience of pre-commissioning and commissioning is preferred.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!