Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Instrumentation and Controls Engineer to join our team in Basra, Iraq.
Manage all aspects of Instrumentation, Controls and Safety Systems [ICSS] in the assigned operating assets at West Qurna 1 including
- Monitoring status of planned critical maintenance.
- Identifying anomalies during testing and operation; analyze and propose corrective actions.
- Generate, report, analyze ICSS required key performance indicators.
- Liaise between Operations and Maintenance for planning integrity and/or maintenance activities (i.e. transmitter or relay calibration).
- Provide technical oversight and endorsement to proposed changes to the facilities ICSS.
- Identify and track status of required critical spare parts as needed.
- Technical approval of Instrument and Controls maintenance procedures.
- Preparation of design proposals, cost estimates and justification for CAPEX/OPEX projects.
- Manage external vendors and suppliers who provide services to maintain or repair ICSS.
- Manage/support Instrumentation and Controls related projects including appropriate prioritization of the opportunity.
- Develop, maintain, and implement continuous improvement of the governing maintenance plans for the scope of ICSS equipment.
- Assist in maintaining ICSS program manuals as needed.
- Assist or lead root cause failure analysis.
Skills / Qualifications
Bachelors in Engineering required preferably in Instrumentation and Controls.
5+ years as I&C Engineer in oil & gas
Basic knowledge of:
Instrumentation engineering principles, theories, and concepts.
Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices.
Third party package interfaces and vendor packages.
Willing to spend time in the field working with operations and maintenance personnel.
Strong Analytical skills.
Good Communication skills.
Good English speaking skill.
Interpersonal skills and Team Work.
Good computer skills.
Quality conscience with the proper attention to detail.
Familiarity or experience with the following systems desired.
work management system, integrity management system.
MICC related systems (DCS, ESSDS and F&G systems).
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!