Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking to fill Instrumentation Controls and Electricals Advisor role to be based in Basra, Iraq on 5 weeks on / 3 weeks off rotation, a secondment role for one of the clients.
Manage and provide leadership for all aspects of Instrumentation, Controls and Safety Systems [ICSS], Metering and Electrical in the assigned operating assets at West Qurna 1 including but not limited to
- New Projects/Project Management
- Prepare and/or work with E&C or contractor to develop design proposals, cost estimates, justification for projects
- Develop or with assistance of E&C contractor engineering design packages for I&C and Electrical projects. Where contractors are used, provide project management oversight to ensure that the designs are made available in a timely and cost effective manner
- Provide technical support during execution of projects
- Provide overall leadership for the project
- Maintenance & Operational support
- Develop, maintain, and implement continuous improvement of the governing maintenance plans for the scope of ICSS, Metering and Electrical equipment
- Liaise between Operations and Maintenance for planning integrity and/or maintenance activities (i.e. transmitter, control valve, switch gear, motor or relay protection)
- Identify obsolesce equipment and proposed for upgrade requirements
- Monitoring status of planned critical maintenance
- Assist or lead root cause failure analysis
- Manage or support maintenance with interfaces with external vendors and suppliers who provide services to maintain or repair ICSS, Metering and Electrical.
- Identifying anomalies during testing and operation; analyze and propose corrective actions.
- When instruments/system/metering/electrical fail, provide necessary support to maintenance and / or operations to rectify issues and minimize associated downtime.
- Familiar with RCFA (Root Cause and Failure Analysis) process.
- Technical approval of Instrument Controls, Metering and Electrical maintenance procedures
- Provide leadership and training for ICSS, Metering and Electrical security/obsolesce/disaster recovery.
- Program Stewardship
- Assist in maintaining ICSS, Metering and Electrical program manuals as needed
- Generate, report, analyze ICSS, Metering and Electrical required key performance indicators
- Provide technical oversight and endorsement to proposed changes to the ICSS, Metering and Electrical
Measurement experience (Krohne crude metering systems) is preferred
Mentor and/or train local engineering and technicians
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors in Engineering required preferably in Instrumentation and Controls or Electronic
- 15+ years as IC and Electrical Senior Engineer with significant experience in Oil and Gas. International experience preferred
- In-depth knowledge of
- Instrumentation and Electrical engineering principles, theories, and concepts
- Applicable codes, standards, and trade practices
- Third party package interfaces and vendor packages
- Strong experience with range of MICC systems and in particular DELTA V system
- Strong experience in power generation (solar turbine), power distribution, switchgear and relay protection coordination
- Willing to spend time in the field working with operations and maintenance personnel
- Experience managing vendors and in particular E&C contractors
- Strong mentoring experience
- Experience working in operations/maintenance as well new projects/commissioning
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills / problem solving
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledgeable of industry standards relevant to IC and Electrical
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!