Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Instrumentation Designer to be based in Basra, Iraq on 6 weeks on, 2 weeks off rotation.
The Instrumentation Designer is responsible for:
- Generating accurate work, ensuring conformance with project Design Basis and PEQP
- Soliciting review and checks of work as appropriate
- Utilizing checklists and other quality tools as they execute project work
- Keeping the Lead Engineer and/or Lead Designer informed of all conflicts that may arise with
- implementing the project standards and requirements
- Perform 2D AutoCAD design drawings such as layout, cable block diagram, hook-ups, wiring diagram,
- installation details, cable schedule, MTO, etc
- Perform 3D PDMS/E3D design modeling including clash check
- Perform SPI for wiring diagram, loop diagram, termination diagram,etc
All instrument design deliverables shall be prepared in compliance with project technical requirements, applicable codes, industry practices, department standards, and constructability.
Skills / Qualifications
The Instrumentation Designer shall has a minimum qualification as below:
- Diploma/Certificate in Technical course
- Minimum of 8 years experience as a designer in oil & gas project
- Good in AutoCAD software to perform 2D design drawings
- Good in 3D PDMS software to perform 3D design modeling
- Knowledge in SPI to perform wiring diagram, loop diagram, termination diagram, etc
- Proactive & team work
- Good communication with peer
- Able to work under pressure and over the normal business hours
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!