GOPA Infra needs to find a replacement candidate for the position “Intl. Specialist Engineer Energy” within the project “German Credit Facility to Assist the Return of IDPs in Iraq (GCFI) – Management and Monitoring Consultant (MMC)”
Brief Programme information:
The overarching objective of the GCFI is to contribute to the permanent return of IDPs to their home locations in Iraq. To this end the GCFI supports investments into the restoration of local economic and social infrastructure, through rehabilitation, construction or supply of equipment in safe municipalities in liberated territories of four governorates (Ninevah, Anbar, Salah Adin, Diyala). The programme covers interventions in the energy, water/sanitation, roads/bridges and health sectors. The programme is ongoing since late 2017.
Client: Reconstruction Fund for Areas Affected by Terrorist Operations (ReFAATO)
Duration of expert assignment: short term mission(s) up to 5 months of input
Mission start date: asap
Mission end date: 30.11.2020 (= end of current first project phase with an option for project extension)
Focus of this position is the top-level monitoring of the progress of infrastructure rehabilitation projects in the Energy sector – in particular local electricity networks and supply – as implemented by Project Management Teams (PMTs) in the respected ministry and an international implementation consultant.
- Top-level monitor projects funded by the GCFI and implemented thru the “Water-PMT”;
- Validate quarterly reporting by PMT Energy (SQR – Sectoral Quarterly Report);
- Based on task No. 2, contribute to the elaboration of “Consolidated Quarterly Reports” (CQR) thru the MMC Team Leader;
- Contribute to other reporting by the MMC, e.g. the MMC quarterly reports to the client ReFAATO;
- The international Specialist Engineer Energy will support MMC Capacity Development Expert in assessing capacity building needs on monitoring and implementation in the respective field and developing relevant training measures, if required. The expert will conduct capacity building measures where required and appropriate;
- Provide guidance/ supervision to the National/ Regional Specialist Engineer Energy. Closely coordinate and cooperate with the local expert in particular on preparation, implementation and reporting of field missions to sites in the GCFO target provinces, where the international expert can’t go due to security constraints, but the local expert or other team members are able to go;
The international Specialist must have:
· At least a Master’s Degree in a position-related field of expertise;
· At least ten years of project-relevant professional experience;
· Experience in their relevant field of expertise preferably in relation to or in infrastructure projects in the Energy sector;
· Flexibility to live in remote areas and challenging environments and to adapt to a dynamic environment, without losing sight of the objectives;
· Excellent knowledge of relevant computer programmes.
· Working experience in countries in the region and under similar challenging conditions and security constraints; working experience in Iraq is considered an asset;
· Be fluent in English; knowledge of Arabic is considered an asset.
Onsite missions to Baghdad and the project areas will be scheduled as the actual security situation / the Corona pandemic response allow. The local project team will coordinate with the expert contributions to be delivered in remote mode from Home Office.
6 Months contract
How to apply
If you are interested, please kindly send your application and CV in English language to:
If possible, please kindly provide contact details of three reference persons,
Please kindly understand that only shortlisted candidates will receive a response.