|Perform oral and written translation, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population.
- Translate documents from Arabic to English, vice versa.
- Translate verbal messages in discussions / meetings from Arabic to English, vice versa.
- Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained as directed by the Project team
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
- Flexibility and creativity
- Results and service oriented
- How to apply If you are confident that you meet the above requirements, please send your motivation letter and CV in English to [email protected] and mention the job title in the subject line “Interpreter” or drop your application in closed envelope and mention the job title on it in the CV box at the MSF-OCB Office in Nasiriyah or in MSF CV box in Garmat Bani Saeed, Garmat 3, PHCC.
Email Me Jobs Like These