American University of Iraq Baghdad (AUIB) is a newly established American style university seeking to be a premier university of higher education. Under the direction of the Procurement Manager, the Inventory Specialist will monitor, track and report on the AUIB’s supplies inventory. We are seeking an individual who is energetic, highly motivated, and self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills. He/she should be comfortable doing multiple tasks and should possess the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people.
The successful candidate will handle every aspect of inventory control at AUIB by keeping the detailed records of any changes in inventory.
- Plan, implement and manage procedures to optimize inventory control.
- Prepare and keep detailed records of inventory, inventory changes and report these changes as needed.
- Document daily inward and outward of supplies.
- Examine the levels of supplies to determine shortages.
- Identify shortages and act in a timely manner to problem-solve different situations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the university’s inventory remain in stock and sufficient.
- Place orders and prioritize these orders in order to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Rearrange the stock room to accommodate new additional inventory.
- Coordinate daily deliveries from the vendors and suppliers with the Procurement Manager.
- Confirm receipt of supplies by matching the purchase order specifications with respect to quantity and condition and submit to the supervisor.
- Ensure that delivered supplies satisfy requested specifications.
- Report defective and expired items. Process returns according to the instructions.
Maintain Inventory Records
- Enter daily inventory records into a database.
- Maintain the labeling system for each inventory item.
- Develop and implement security and storage procedures to reduce loss and theft.
- Reconcile weekly inventory reports and ensure the records are correct.
- Prepare monthly summaries and reports for internal use by compiling information.
- Respond to management questions and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Communicate discrepancies to appropriate departments and confirm correction.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and ensure compliance with, the internal controls and procedures related to all policies.
- Assists in the implementation and testing of new or revised systems, procedures, and record keeping.
- Complete additional projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor, including acting as backup for other team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Three-years of experience in an inventory/stock management is preferred.
- A college degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel) and database applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position. The individual working in this position will be expected to lift, carry, and move various heavy objects and items.
- Ability to work with lab or chemical supplies as needed. General understanding of the university structure is preferred.
- Be at work on time and have excellent attendance. Be flexible to work beyond normal work hours to ensure delivery of products that may arrive outside of normal working hours or on weekends.
- Works as part of a team, as well as independently to ensure departmental goals are achieved.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality, and ensure sensitive data is protected.
- Highly ethical, mature, tactful, and flexible to the changing demands of the position.
- Successful applicant will be required to sign Confidentiality Agreement upon hire.
- Successful applicant will be required to submit an official non-conviction certificate before starting date.
- Will be able to start in November or December.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the requirements of the position, a curriculum vita, and contact information for three (3) professional references. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Start Date: August 1st.
Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected].