Overview / Responsibilities
- Wood is currently recruiting for Iraq HSE Lead with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. There is no rotation associated with this position so we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- Deliver agreed Wood safety programs.
- HSE contact for Wood employees.
- Conduct HSE training and awareness sessions (e.g. risk management, Behaviour based safety, positive interventions, LSA – Work Authorization, VMS, PTW, Critical procedures, WAH, CSE, Lifting.H2S etc.)
- Where appropriate input to HSE plans, procedures and Project reviews.
- Assist development of detailed programs/safety controls for High risk /non-routine activities.
- Review lagging indicators and investigate.
- Review leading indicators and assist in risk-based communication programmes.
- Assist with reviewing and evaluate Sub-Contractor safety documents for accuracy and compliance with Wood and client requirements.
- Assist in the monitoring of subcontractor’s compliance with HSE expectations and perform surveillance activities in line with Wood assurance guidelines.
- Ensure safety inductions and training for Wood employees and subcontractor(s) personnel is carried out in accordance with company requirements.
- Conduct incident investigations and root cause analysis.
- Participate in HSE audits aligned to project Risk Registers and ensure the close out of any corrective actions.
- Assist in management of Local National safety advisers.
- Develop appropriate relationships with Project Management Teams and other relative teams, and support safety meetings promoting HSE and integrated culture.
- To monitor the fleet compliance with speed limits on In Vehicle Management System (IVMS) on daily bases.
- To monitor Wood’s transportation contractor’s compliance with Wood policies and procedures
- To conduct checklist-inspections on Wood’s transportation contractors’ vehicles and identify any deficiencies in safety equipment and requirements
- To conduct/assist Level 3 audits on Wood’s transportation contractors.
- To hold regular meetings with drivers.
- To develop campaigns and organise traffic education courses for drivers
- To lead the onsite monthly drivers meeting along with transportation providers JMC’s take meeting minutes, identify and track improvement actions.
- To provide an advisory support to Wood’s transportation contractors.
Skills / Qualifications
- Good Communication skills.
- Provide leadership and managerial guidance to all employees and contractors.
- High standard of ethical integrity.
- Good understanding of safety and training.
- Ability to meet strict requirements and work independently.
- Working within an external and internal team.
- Ability to produce quality work with a high degree of accuracy, handle changes in priorities and coordinate work on multiple tasks.
- Good problem-solving skills, organizational capabilities and attention to detail.
- Good judgment, high degree of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Strong teamwork orientation, good interpersonal skills, and a proven ability to work effectively with a range of clients and colleagues.
- Ability to delegate tasks and ensure they are executed as planned.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!