In July 2020, MSI commenced implementation of Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES), an activity designed to provide performance management support to USAID/Iraq. One of the areas of PMES support is Evaluations and Assessments Services. PMES will conduct a study on the level of recognition and the perception of Iraqi citizens of the USAID brand to help inform the Mission’s programming. USAID/Iraq expects state-of-the-art communications research that the Mission can use to develop a Mission-level communication strategy that supports the Mission’s greater strategic objectives. The findings from the study will also provide the basis for developing evidence-based, actionable recommendations for USAID/Iraq’s development communications strategy, including, but not limited to, communications and outreach methods in Iraq and public awareness campaigns.
**Please note: Only Iraqi citizens are eligible for this position**
MSI is seeking an Iraq Strategic Communications Specialist (ISCS) Conflict and Stabilization Expert to provide subject-matter expertise. The ISCS is responsible for providing local context and an in-depth understanding of the local communication landscape. This is a short-term position based in Iraq. The study will begin in April and continue for four years.
- Support the team in developing the study methodology and implementation plan
- Provide input on data collection instruments
- Develop strategic overview of the Communications Landscape in Iraq
- Undertake key informant interviews and conduct Focus Group Discussions
- Analyze and interpret data collected through questionnaires, focus group discussions and Key Informant Interviews
- Support the team to prepare Topline Presentations and draft report writing
- Participate in meetings with USAID and the Implementing Partner
- Present findings, conclusions and recommendations to USAID
- Participate in a recommendations workshop with USAID
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required
- A minimum of five years’ experience in strategic communications required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the communication landscape in Iraq, including familiarity with local media consumption preferences and information sources and the strengths and weaknesses of various media formats for different types of messages (mass media vs. social media, television vs. radio, etc.)
- Prior experience in research study design and methodology, drafting data collection instruments for household surveys and key informant interviews, and experience preparing analytic studies with conclusions and recommendations
- Knowledge of gender and social inclusion issues preferred
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donors preferred
- Fluency in Arabic and strong written and oral communication skills in English required
- Strong written and oral communication skills in Kurdish preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.