The Operations Readiness & Assurance Engineer is key position in the operational readiness and start up organization within operations. This role will be required to manage several major projects readiness as well as small ones and make sure the operational readiness activities are being well-identified, managed, and progressed in order to make sure safe and smooth start up takes place within the target dates as per project schedule.
This role has to manage various interfaces with multiple teams within projects, operations, and other supporting functions within the organization.
This is a site-based role which will require daily travels to work sites. Travel from one work site to the other is also part of the role.
This job is rotational 14 days on/ 14 days off.
- To provide operations input to Engineering Projects and ensure facilities designed/constructed are in accordance with agreed specifications and functional requirements.
- To ensure that new designs and alterations/modifications to existing installations are inherently safe and in accordance with operational requirements and philosophy.
- Apply Operation Readiness & Assurance (OR&A) process and coordinate flawless start-up of new projects.
- Capable of Coaching lesser experienced ORA engineers.
Position Requirements An essential part of the OR&A process is the development and inclusion of:
- an initial operations assessment during the identify and assess phases.
- an operational philosophy during the select phase.
- the operations requirements during the develop and execute phases of a project.
- Prepare, own, and implement the OR&A plans for projects, using the related standards, processes, tools & systems.
- Define, develop OR&A and own operations philosophy and requirements for implementation in projects experience in the areas of interest for the job.
- Ensure that Flawless Project Delivery is implemented and realised on all relevant projects.
- Utilise any of own specialist skills in the implementation of the above (e.g. Operability, Control &, Total Reliability).
- Ensure the Project Development Plan and Project Execution Plan adequately addresses operational issues and requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the General Operations Philosophies and prepare the Operational Reference Plan for new projects.
- Ensure that any proposed OR&A actions are received, considered, action / fed back, and included in any relevant documentation by the project team.
- Develop operations documentation including commissioning plans, simultaneous operations procedures, plant operating manuals etc.
- Develop Operational Cost (Opex) models to be used for life cycle costing and sound economic arguments.
- Develop and utilize Key OR&A related Performance Indicators for tracking achievement and defining acceptance criteria.
- Develop and implement the Operational Readiness Assurance process for all relevant projects.- Conduct HAZIDS, HAZOPS, Pre Start Audits and OR&A Reviews in support of the assurance processes.
- Maintain the OR&A tools & systems, i.e. updating the Lessons Learnt and Best Practices database as required.
- Contribute to the development or enhancement of the OR&A standards, processes, tools & systems, incorporating any Lessons Learnt and Best Practices.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
A good understanding of the hydrocarbon production cycle, Operations Readiness and Assurance process, Engineering standards and quality assurance and corporate management system and strategies in order to conduct the business effectively.
The incumbent must be able to develop concise & technically sound documents and have the ability to communicate effectively and influence staff from other disciplines.
Conversant with quality management system standards. Good general understanding of project procedures and requirements with regard to construction, testing, plant inspection, turnover, commissioning and start-up.
Ability to lead, communicate and influence people at all levels and disciplines to achieve tasks at a high standard and within the time limits.
Possess Supervisory, presentation and ability to develop staff.
Strong interpersonal skills are required to be able to liaise successfully with other discipline engineers.
-Strong safety background
-University degree or equivalent in Engineering.
-10 + years’ experience in oil & gas , technical professionals with a background in either of production / maintenance operations, asset management and/or project supervision (e.g. commissioning).
-Iraqi nationality only.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.