This position is responsible for offering technical guidance and support to field technical teams ensuring all specifications of technologies, maintenance details are communicated and understood fully by the field maintenance teams. This position is also a field position handling resolution of complex technical problems assisting the Expert technician in finalizing solutions to the issues in the field.
- Assist in choosing materials, equipment and properties to perform mechanical analyses and repair.
- Understanding of applied mechanics, mechanical & Construction testing, and optical transmission to provide technical teams with diagnosis and assistance handling complex technical problems.
- Provide support to maintenance contractor teams regarding infrastructure maintenance industry standards.
- Serve as primary on-site technical adviser during maintenance assignment as needed.
- Coordinate across teams and third parties to ensure we maintain the quality standards.
- Ensure vendor delivery occurs where, what, when, and how assets are delivered.
- Interpret and fully understand detailed engineering drawings modification and removal of equipment, switching equipment, power systems, cable racks, supporting AC power, and wireless system cell site components and new emerging technologies.
- Providing technical support for Cable Placement -Terminations and Splicing – Optical fiber and copper.
- Knowledge of types of monitoring systems and the ability to implement them.
- Demonstrate ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Perform preventive maintenance work to keep equipment in peak operating condition.
- Use precision testing equipment to perform preventive maintenance activities.
- Perform servicing, testing, inspections and repairs on a variety of equipment including, electrical equipment, blowers, ….etc.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance activities.
- Assist in site selecting for re-arranging taking in considerations its importance.
- Inform about any bad installation is previously done on site.
- Site acceptance for all new deployed locations as per specs implemented by technical department.
- Prepare all work sheet related to technician work.
- Coordinate with the monitoring sections to achieve better team performance & time solving.
- Troubleshooting of Network Failure and Outage.
- Available in 24×7 on-call in any urgent case.
- Perform mechanical and/or fusion splicing of fiber optic cable as required
- Maintain accurate records including time worked, daily logs, gasoil sheets, as required; properly record all required information on data devices and/or work orders…etc.
- Support continuity including natural disaster readiness and disaster recovery efforts.
- Maintain inventories of test equipment and transmitters.
- Maintain EMS and access control systems.
- Follow up manager instruction in developing site working environments.
- Collect the daily report of QC team.
- BSc. in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Telecom Engineering or related.
- 1 year experience in Engineering, ISP or Telecom Maintenance Role.