BASIC PURPOSE OF THE ROLE;
Provide hands-on operational support of IT and Telecom-related systems to field-based staff in the TAQA Atrush area, ranging from drilling locations, production facilities, office and man camps. Besides operational support, assist with implementation of new IT and Telecom’s solutions, oversee & coordinate with third-party subcontractors.
- Support and Maintenance of all IT & Communications infrastructure.
- Support field staff with all IT & Communications related software and hardware issues.
- Resolve all client’s technical issues promptly &effectively ensuring first-time fix.
- Troubleshoot systems and network problems, and diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Assist with the installation of new hardware and software products.
- Weekly status reporting to the IT Manager.
- Supervise/Monitor sub-contractor resources whilst onsite.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a similar environment.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+
- Cisco CCNA.
- Windows certification – MCSA / MCSE.
- IT and/or Telecoms Degree or equivalent.
- Certification related to the field: CCNP or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience of the installation, configuration and maintenance of telecoms equipment (such as VSAT, Microwave Radio, Fibre, VHF/UHF Radio etc.)
- IT Service Management solutions (e.g. ServiceNow)
- Knowledge of Cisco Router and/or Switching protocols
- Knowledge of Firewall Technologies: Fortinet J O B D E SCRIPT I O N
- In-depth knowledge of WAN connectivity solutions and Ethernet Services
- Experience engineering solutions for Wireless Access.
- Splice and use of an OTDR for commissioning and fault finding
- Experience with CCTV, PaGa (Public Address & General Announcement
- Experience with IT Alarm & monitoring systems
- Experience within the Oil and Gas industry.
- Advanced English speaking and business writing skills
- Driving license to drive manual gear 4×4 car on Field Site
- Enthusiastic, energetic, and proactive personality
- Resolve incidents and requests that are within first line scope of work
- Strong Customer Focus (service oriented by nature)
- Able to work independently, but also team player within a multicultural team
- Able to follow-up with others and take responsibility for the assigned work
- Work on a 14/14 days rotational basis in remote locations
- Ability to be on Call 24/7 when at the Field Site and work early- or late day shifts
- Ability to work in extreme working environments
- To actively support TAQA company core values
- Multilingual preferred in languages (Kurdish) other than English used within the global TAQA organisation.
- Address Atrush USD Month