This position is responsible for supervising the system admin and help desk section ensuring the section provides optimal support for desktop IT and internal enterprise network/IT issues handling help desk requests for Hardware, Software, email, IP Phone, application support…etc. In Addition, this position is responsible for supervising the section for all infrastructure, hardware and server installations.
Troubleshooting & Support:
- Lead the system administrators to provide 1st line support for desktop IT and enterprise internal network issues on time and efficiently maintaining fix it right from the first time.
- Train all System administrators, system engineers and IT Help desk officers on troubleshooting techniques and technologies.
- Manage IT Applications installations, desktop IT and software licenses.
- Install and configure system hardware and software, establishing and managing user accounts, upgrading software, and performing backup and recovery tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to company applications, software, Hardware, attendance, cameras, access, VPN, Telephony, email, PCs, Video conferencing systems, printers, company cloud managed hardware…etc.
- Ensure Achievement of all Helpdesk metrics for ticket response and closure e.g., Turnaround time, number of iterations before resolution etc.
- Manage Troubleshooting variations of Internet connectivity, handling multiple types of modems, routers, networking devices, GUI interfaces, and administrative utilities, wireless connections, security.
- Ensure proper administration of Finger Prints Configuration and Maintenance.
- Achieve Internal user satisfaction score, Security/system reliability score, Network uptime rate
- Manage all Server’s logs monitoring.
- Manage Hardware maintenance, upgrade, and network configuration for any installed server.
- Ensure that all IT support related operational expenses are within the approved budget
- Recommend new hardware and IT applications to save costs
- Ensure proper deployment and functioning of IT support for all internal customers.
IT Infrastructure & Servers:
- Design the IT Infrastructure and internal network for most efficiency
- Handle preventive maintenance of all network and cabling of internal Infrastructure.
- Design the internal network in the most optimal and efficient manner to achieve speed and meet user requirements.
- Ensure that the company’s network infrastructure and associated systems run smoothly, perform within agreed targets, and provide a secure platform for the company’s business operations
- Maintain server inventory services “Rack tables”.
- Administrate the company recursive and authoritative DNS servers.
- Present Technical training courses as need both internally and externally.
- Assist other Departments with deploying new services and technologies.
- Administer and handle system reporting.
- Manage installing reporting servers (PRTG).
Storage System/TV System/Racktable/Firewall/Linux PBX System/VMWare:
- Maintain the company’s storage system “CEPH Cluster”.
- Open Stack: Managing, creating instance and managing firewall for all instances.
- VMware : Managing, maintenance, creating virtual servers and managing firewall
- Racktable: manage and add physical servers and virtual servers in rack table.
- Configure, Update, and Upgrade Virtualization Suites (VMWare and QEMU-KVM).
- Ensure proper configuration and maintenance of storage servers, Lunix PBX System, TV Streaming, Share team machines and independent storage cluster.
- Ensure all Cisco conference systems are properly administered and operational at all times.
Staff Management/Internal Processes:
- Recommend Hiring, Firing, and Transfer of staff to department manager.
- Prepare and manage employee shifting schedules, daily activities and distribution of resources among locations and projects.
- Monitor and record daily the attendance records and ensure company policy is implemented.
- Implement and Monitor Health and Safety Rules and ensure policy is implemented.
- Prepare and submit the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports as per section guidelines.
- Coordinate daily schedule of employee assignments and ensure performance meets SLAs.
- Resolve all employee personnel inquiries, conflicts and grievances.
- BSc. in Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology or Related degree.
- CCNA or CCNP is required.
Years of Experience
5 years’ experience in handling IT systems and processes, preferably in the telecom/ISP.