WRS Kurdistan are looking for Local candidates to work as IT Snr. Infrastructure Analyst / Snr. Support Engineer for an International Oil and Gas company in Kurdistan.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Operations and User Support:
- Assist in leading all IT Operations and Support for operations in Kurdistan and for remote users including liaison with outsourced or co-sourced partner relationships, which may include Service Desks, site visits & related processes and End-User Support services.
- Facilitate management and procurement of IT Assets (hardware, software & services) and drive Configuration Management principles through Change, Problem, and Incident/Request processes.
- Drive effective IT Cost Improvement through Asset & Service utilization.
- Assist in leading QA/Continual Service Improvement on IT Support Services’ performance.
- Assist in leading partnerships to improve & automate core IT Service Management Processes & Services (e.g. Request, Incident, and Problem, Management).
- Provide outstanding customer support to End Users as needed.
- Assist in leading professional development of junior IT personnel.
- Assist in leading IT Infrastructure (Server/Network/Storage) support services & project specific staff.
- Coordinate Infrastructure projects, support & liaise with Applications & Security teams as required.
- Participate on IT Architecture Review Board to ensure alignment of projects with standards.
- Coordinate Infrastructure Maintenance activities & oversee quality of delivery.
- Assist in leading review of long-term infrastructure plan.
- Assist in testing and coordination of IT Disaster Recovery Program in coordination with regional Business Continuity Plans to ensure systems recovery can support business needs.
- Coordinate and oversee selected internal IT controls as assigned and ensure effective operation & improvement.
- BS Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a generalist IT Supervisory/Management role.
- At least 8+ years of IT experience.
- A background in and a good understanding of IT infrastructure.
- 3 years hands-on experience implementing and/or directly supporting systems such as Microsoft Windows (7/10), Active Directory Domain Services, Azure Active Directory, Cisco networking, Wireless networks (Cisco/ Meraki, Ubiquiti) Dell hardware (PC, server) and Public/Private cloud platforms (Azure, Box, Salesforce) in a commercial or equivalent industry set.
- 3 years hands-on experience implementing and/or directly supporting a virtualized server infrastructure such as VMware vSphere or equivalent.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken).
- Strong Customer-facing experience.
- Strong stakeholder management experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience working within an enterprise environment, liaising with other departments.
- Having worked at an international company in an international role is a strong benefit.
- Good communication skills.
- Independent, positive, open minded and customer focused.
- Structured approach coupled with strong problem-solving skills