The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies, building prosperity and supporting a sustainable future for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
In 2020 WFP assisted over 630,000 people in Iraq. Through providing food for vulnerable people, skills to build futures and enhanced social protection, WFP is helping the Iraqi government build people’s resilience and food security. For more information, visit wfp.org/countries/iraqand ar.wfp.org/countries/iraq
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND JOB PURPOSE
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Iraq Country Office is looking to support the government in the areas of social protection and social safety net through providing DAS (Digital Assistance Services) impacting the 40 million citizens of Iraq.
WFP Iraq has been working with the Ministry of Trade to digitalise the Public Distribution System and provide technical assistance for population management, identity management, case management and distribution management. Additionally, together with the Ministry of Labour and Social affairs and other Iraqi Ministries providing social services to citizens, WFP will support the government to build a single registry that manages the entitlements of Iraqi families and improves service delivery.
With the right technology, the government of Iraq can enhance the engagement with citizens while improving the efficiency in daily operations at the government level. Interoperability is an area of investment to enable the inter-ministerial collaboration and provide citizens with a one-stop-shop for the collection of the government entitlement such as food, health, education, pension, etc.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the government engagement manager and the overall supervision of the beneficiary services head, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Build strong working relationships with project stakeholders, analysis of stakeholder objectives and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements;
- Investigate, document, refine and manage the business processes to capture the current status and potential future requirements of business operations and/or business strategy. Identify relevant issues and challenges, analysing root causes, and efficiently identifying and developing appropriate solutions;
- Identify business improvements in information systems and procedures e.g. predict user and financial benefits and how channel shift will be measured;
- Capture user needs, mainly through interviews and workshops (but also surveys and document analysis) to create high level business process descriptions / diagrams, and epics and stories in an Agile backlog;
- Elaborate stories and define acceptance criteria as part of a Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) and/or Test-Driven Development (TDD) approach to software delivery;
- Support Product Owners in prioritising stories, ensuring they are optimal size for sprint planning;
- Conduct assessments as needed, and implement field implementation activities
- Plan for equipment needs, stock, keeping track of current and future requirements
- Provide hands-on support and deliver training sessions to government staff based on operational needs
- Apply business modelling, analysing methods and standards;
- Analyse and assess new ideas, considering risks, opportunities and impacts arising;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in a related functional area.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a government institution and/or international humanitarian organizations.
- Has experience in business requirements analysis, business process mapping, data management , service management and development of service enhancement recommendations.
- Has participated in business process re-engineering efforts and identified service management improvements.
- Has experience participating in country office procurement/budgeting process
Language: English and Arabic command (both oral and written), Kurdish is an advantage.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Governance, Strategy and Architecture||Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.|
|Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization||Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.|
|Technical Expertise||Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.|
|Service Management||Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction. Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.|
|Client Management||Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.|
|Procurement and Contract Management||Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.|
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:19 April 2021
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply