Jobs Data Quality Assurance Specialist (Sulaymaniyah, Iraq)
Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families and community building.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict-affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Job Title: Jobs Data Quality Assurance Specialist
Hours: Full time
Location: Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
Reports to: Director of Programs Operations
Contract Start/End dates: February, 2022 to December 31, 2022
About the Role
In your role, you will be working with large amounts of data every day. You will be tasked with checking and verifying the quality of all databases that are used by Preemptive Love. In this capacity, you will assure exceptional quality of data sent to partners, and data stored internally. You will be responsible for safeguarding, and double-checking all database information before it is sent to partners or donors. You will complete data cleaning and data verification tasks on a daily and weekly basis. Ultimately, your role requires you to spot mistakes and ensure that data stored in the Preemptive Love’s system is top quality and accurate.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing and implementing quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Performing routine inspections and quality tests for jobs programs and Preemptive Love.
- Identifying and resolving workflow and production issues.
- Ensuring that standards and safety regulations are observed.
- Addressing and discussing issues and proposed solutions with superiors.
- Documenting quality assurance activities and creating audit reports.
- Making recommendations for improvement.
- Creating training materials and operating manuals.
- Offer constructive and critical feedback to all members of the team, not in compliance with quality assurance standards.
- Outline quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Interpret and comply with quality assurance standards.
- Make sure that quality assurance standards are adequate.
- Elaborate the procedures of sampling and guidelines for the collection and reporting of quality data.
- Oversee the implementation and ensure the efficiency of inspection and quality systems.
- Plan, perform, and oversee inspection and testing of products to ensure the quality deliverable.
- Document quality assurance activities, such as internal audits.
- Analyze customer grievances and other non-compliance issues.
- Gather and organize statistical quality data.
- Inspect data to detect areas for improvement.
- Elaborate, recommend and oversee improvement actions.
- Report on results of quality activities.
- Detect coaching needs and take actions in accordance with these needs in order to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Let external providers conduct on-site and digital audits.
- Analyze audit outcomes and carry out appropriate corrective procedures.
- Oversee risk management procedures.
- Ensure ongoing abidance by industry regulatory and quality requirements.
- Daily and weekly check on the data while cleaning as much of the data as possible.
- A university degree in data management or data analysis.
- Familiarity with using Salesforce and other CRMs is a plus.
- Professional written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish is required for this job.
- A certificate in quality assurance is a plus.
- Previous experience in quality assurance and database management.
- Working knowledge of tools, methods, and concepts of quality assurance.
- Solid knowledge of relevant regulatory standards.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent data collection and analysis skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.