Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Journey Management Coordinator with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis; we are only considering applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Iraq, Basra.
- Manage the day to day running of the local national transportation contract.
- Collate and manage the journey management plan to ensure all local nationals arrive at work on time.
- Act as an interface with the transportation company to oversee all activities and required paperwork remains compliant.
- Maintain an accurate record (Journey Management/Task Sheet) of all day to day activities and monitor performance
- Assisting with client visits and visiting overseas personnel to the Iraq office
- Co-ordination of Real Estate & IT issues as necessary and maintaining all tracking registers.
- Assist in the distribution and collection of any business related or logistics function equipment to and from BGC sites.
- Providing language assistance in Arabic as needed for general operations requirements.
- Assist the Wood Fleet Manager / ISOM and PRO team with visa applications and SOC approval as and when required.
- Aid the Wood Fleet Manager / ISOM when auditing the contract transport providers deficiencies in safety equipment and requirements
- To conduct/assist Level 3 audits on Wood’s transportation contractors.
- To hold regular meetings with drivers.
- To develop campaigns and organise traffic education courses for drivers, passengers and staff.
- To lead the onsite monthly drivers meeting along with transportation providers, take meeting minutes, identify and track improvement actions
- To provide an advisory support to Wood’s transportation contractors
- Manage the IVMS throughout the day & liaise with drivers / contractors as required & action any violations or disciplinaries where required.
- Assist the FDM / HSE Team with any other requirements such as PPE or other logistical provisions.
- Stand in for the EMIL JMC as required to cover leave / vacations.
Skills / Qualifications
- College degree.
- Wide experience in transportation and logistics.
- Analytical skills using Excel.
- Reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication (Arabic and English).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!