We aspire to be the most customer-centered and relevant digital company in the region. To reach this goal, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people who love the hustle. If you would like to help us build a place where everyone can find and buy anything online in the region, this is your chance to make history.
As a Jr. Buyer, you will create product assortments that meet customer need by incorporating competitive intelligence, customer insight, and business analysis.
It will be critical for the Jr. Buyer to provide in-season trend analysis and forecasting to ensure that the products and category are aligned with trend of the business.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
• Develop a deep understanding of customer needs as well as upcoming trends in the marketplace to develop seasonal plans and assortments; be the expert around the marketplace trends, products and what our consumer is looking for.
• Gather information- qualitative and quantitative- to help develop and execute a strategy to drive categories in alignment with shape objectives set by the global teams.
• Showcase understanding of a Digital e-commerce business- build product and vendor assortments and business plans. Utilize site metrics and analytics to make short-term decisions and actions.
• Ensure service levels while hitting inventory turns and margin goals. Communicate information about product and consumer to teams to ensure execution is best for the consumer.
• Build assortment plans to achieve financial targets that will meet/exceed sales & and gross margin goals. Use both historical and upcoming trend data to ensure accurate forecasts.
• Issue reports that reflect the most recent trends, site metrics, product performance, and updates. Identify business opportunities/risks in-season through analyzing product performance and gathering marketplace information. Partner cross-functionally to update go-to-market plans to achieve needed numbers.
• Develop and utilize a suite of reporting (standard and ad hoc)- weekly, monthly, quarterly, seasonally, and annually to report on all business results.
• Work cross-functionally as needed to achieve goals. With the support of the Category manager and Head of Commercial, lead teams through the set strategy and work with them to accomplish category goals.
• Responsible for communicating knowledge about the consumer and product to all teams and keeping them up to date on the market.
• Conduct regular price checks and price control activities to ensure that prices are optimal and competitive.
• Address any vendor concerns and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure vendor satisfaction.
• Achieve Category growth targets and strategies and manage the catalog’s diversity by growing ensuring merchant and brand success.
• Conduct field visits such as visiting vendors and other field activities regularly.
• Achieve targets designated by the category manager.
The Ideal Candidate
• Fresh Graduate
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Positive attitude and self-motivation to win every client.
• Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Arabic.