At Eni, we are looking for a Junior Contracting Engineer within Eni Iraq in Basra, Iraq. You will be responsible for performing the registration and qualification of companies (Local and International companies). Being the focal point for the collection and reviewing of the Contractor, performance, and Tender Feedbacks. Supporting Compliance and Vendor Management Manager in coordinating suppliers and verifying quality standards in accordance with the requirements of the Company.
As a member of the Contracts & Procurement department at Eni Iraq, you will be responsible for:
- verifying the timely and correct approval of Contractor’s invoices and where applicable, payment certificates, monitoring the payment process of EIBV C&P Job orders and taking necessary actions with payments registration in Company’s ERP system;
- archiving of documentation of all documents related to qualifications managed by himself/herself;
- responsible for maintenance and participating to the development of the VQD database/tools;
- collecting qualification documentation from suppliers, performing evaluation and issuing final certificate to suppliers;
- providing support in developing local content in the Vendor’s capability profile;
- providing support in the registration of potential suppliers in EIBV Vendor Qualification & Development databases.
- Focal point for collection and review of Contractor Performance and Tender Feedbacks.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- full competency with MS Office;
- knowledge of communication processes and relevant tools;
- clarity of presentation, ability to analyse data, synthesis in the presentation and representation of the evidence found in the analyses;
- strong orientation towards results and assigned objectives, confidentiality;
- certified of Audit Criteria and relevant tools (ISO 19011) is desirable;
- certified ISO Standards related to Quality (ISO 9001) is desirable;
- knowledge and ability to carry out assessments in the field of sustainability (social and environmental responsibility, human rights, performance esg. …);
- knowledge of balance sheet analysis is considered as added value;
- Educated to a degree level (preferably Engineering, Economics or Legal) is desirable.
- Good predisposition to work in a multinational team;
- Ability to prepare operational and management reports on monitored activities;
- Knowledge on decarbonisation and circular economy issues is desirable.
- high fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English (knowledge of Italian will be a plus).
Fix Term 12 months
An environment where there is a constant requirement to maintain confidential information. Time constraints, and constant pressure to meet deadlines.
Working in an international and multiracial environment respecting people’s diversity in accordance with the Eni Code of Ethics
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual, continuous training, and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work-life balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen.
Energy for action-takers