Overview / Responsibilities
WoodPLC is looking for Junior Instrument Engineer to Join Iraq team with below duites :
- Responsible for the design of all instrumentation on assigned projects.
- Responsible for preparation of project related standards and job notes.
- Prepare requisition index for instrument work, indicating planned issue date for each requisition. Update and reissue monthly.
- Check the drawing index for instrumentation drawings.
- Prepare general notes requisitions for instrumentation.
- Review flowsheets for correctness in respect of instrumentation.
- Prepare a project instrument index in accordance with the flowsheets.
- Design and requisition instrumentation. This includes instrument size and protection methodology calculations and verification checks.
- Assist the designers with the preparation of instrumentation drawings.
- Review all instrumentation drawings and ensure that the quality of design and drawings produced for enquiry and fabrication purposes is of satisfactory standard.
- Prepare technical bid analysis for instrumentation.
- Attend coordination meetings and engineering review meetings with supplier as required.
- Review document requirements and issue dates for major equipment with suppliers and assist Procurement Department in compiling a Supplier’s Document Index.
- Assist Procurement Department with the expediting of supplier documents.
- Review and approve supplier documents for instrumentation and distribute.
- Give guidance to client, project engineers, other specialist engineers and inspectors on Instrumentation engineering matters. Review instrumentation aspects of package unit supplier’s drawings as requested by the engineer responsible for the equipment.
- Advise the Principal Instrument Engineer of any slippages and their causes and proposed corrective action.
- Advise the Principal Instrument Engineer of any technical problems and unresolved differences with other groups.
- Co-ordinate with Procurement Department and ensure certified drawings are available in time to meet the engineering schedules.
- Notify the Project Engineer of all deficiencies in the flow of data or other basic information required for execution of work.
- Assist the Lead / Principal Instrument Engineer with the progress reports.
- Follow up instrumentation construction work on project sites to ensure correct interpretation of designs regarding installation. Resolve any Instrumentation problems arising during commissioning.
- Keep abreast of development in the instrumentation engineering field.
- Suggest ways to improve efficiency, costs and service in the execution of projects.
- Assist where necessary in the compilation of operating manuals and mechanical catalogues.
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Principal Instrumentation Engineer
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng, BTech
- In-Tools 6.0 or Higher
- 1_2 Years minimum experiences .
- Initiative – Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Change and Adaptability – Gains awareness for, and an understanding of, the position of stakeholders. Readily adapts to changing circumstances
- Interpersonal Communications – Actively listens and seeks to understand others’ points of view. Communicates openly and honestly to all levels of the organization. Expresses ideas and exchanges information clearly and persuasively
- Problem Solving – Grasps new or unfamiliar concepts quickly and can effectively deal with complexity and ambiguity. Identifies issues in a constructive manner and recommends solutions. Uses innovative and novel approaches to find solutions
- Planning, Organising & Execution Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!