Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for Junior Piping Engineer to join our team in Iraq .
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- To develop cost effective pipeline design methods and procedures
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule
- To liaise with the Client’s Engineering, Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up
- To provide technical support to site as required
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to Pipeline engineering and design
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Engineering/Project Manager.
- To prepare Pipeline wall thickness verification calculation as per ASME B 31.4/ 31.8.
- To prepare pipeline technical specification.
- To prepare pipeline technical data sheets.
- To carry out detailed high quality site surveys and associated data collection
Skills / Qualifications
- Strong commitment to safety
- Able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Experience in Conceptual, FEED, Detailed Design and PMC is required.
- Operational support / construction and commissioning.
- Negotiate for and obtain additional discipline resources where needed.
- Prepare and co-ordinate Pipeline Engineering deliverables including Scope of Work, Data Sheets, Pipeline specifications, Pipeline Stress Analysis and Technical Reports.Compliance with Wood procedures and industry, international and Client Codes and standards.
- Experience of managing a Pipeline engineering and design team.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Onshore Oil & Gas related design experience.
- Thorough awareness of International Design Guidelines and Standards.
- Commercially / contractually aware and able to manage design budgets.
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation.
- Experience of participation in HAZOP & HAZID studies is essential.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!