This position will report directly to the Lab Manager.
AUIB established its labs and began to offer lab courses as of Fall 2022. Laboratory Assistants with previous experience in various laboratory areas in basic sciences including Biology, Chemistry, and Physics and service and research facilities are recruited to ensure that laboratories operations are smooth.
This position will be responsible for:
- Preparing quarterly inventories for all laboratory equipment, reagents, and consumables in teaching, testing, and research labs.
- Assisting in the preparation of laboratory experiments.
- Chemical classification and storage.
- Assisting in the preparation of AUIB Lab manuals and drafting of policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that quality control is maintained in the laboratories.
- Ensuring that safety measures are applied in the laboratories.
- Participating in research and testing including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical phases.
- Drafting purchasing requests and following up on placed orders under the direction of the lab manager.
- Documenting all activities and results and reporting back to management.
- Undertaking basic administrative tasks such as filing and answering telephones.
- Assuming other responsibilities and performing other duties as may be assigned by the lab manager, deans of health-related colleges, and associate vice president for academic affairs (AVPAA) and health-related colleges.
Candidates for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, basic sciences, or related field.
- At least two years of experience in a similar role.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of automated equipment and laboratory management systems.
- Strong critical thinking skills with attention to details.
- Experience and familiarity with US-style academic institutions.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of Passport Data information page.
- References (contact details) for up to three individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Copies of all formal academic degrees and certificates.
- Copies of your Transcripts.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]
If an applicant has any relatives working at AUIB this must be disclosed in writing in the cover letter.
If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.
- Address Airport Road - American University of Iraq Baghdad USD Month
- How to apply Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]