- A variety of laboratory-based analysis including specific Gravity, API, H2S in oil (Sparge an Analyser method), BS&W, RVP, Salts in oil, Silver Nitrate Chloride, Chloride in oil
- The ability to work in and understand the limitations of extremes of weather.
|Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analysing of results as part of a scientific team.
- Provide the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively whilst adhering to correct company procedures and the latest health and safety guidelines.
- Hydrocarbon compound analysis using Gas Chromatographs and correlating results with online GC.
- Maintain Lab chemical inventories, consumables, and update records. Reporting to Production Supervisors and PFM.
- Work as directed by operations team ensuring products are within given specifications.
- Participate in laboratory procedure development, monthly safety meetings, toolbox talks and Stop Cards to develop and promote a safe working culture.
- Promote Housekeeping and waste Management.
- Ensure safe sampling and testing procedures are followed. Prepare and send sample to 3rd party labs in an efficient manner as per the procedure.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily / monthly reports and see that the same are sent to the appropriate departments.
- Responsible for the control of quality (breathable) air used by the Fire and Emergency Response Teams.
- Responsible to control all chemical material and equipment that are used daily, assist in finding new equipment for new analysis as required.
- General Laboratory maintenance as required.
- Undertake any other relevant job-related tasks as directed by Production Supervisor, Control Room Operator, or other department with the consent of the PFM
- Carry out minor repairs in the lab as required.
Re- calibration of equipment as required.
- Work closely with all other site personnel.
- Have the ability to work with a multinational team with good communication skills.
- Have a good standard of spoken and written English.
- Ensure production personnel are fully aware of ongoing activities.
- Supervise and coordinate trainee’s activities.
- Ensure site supervision is fully briefed on ongoing and planned activities.
- Supervision of discipline related visitors, vendors, and contractors.
|Minimum Professional Experience and Certification Required
- Must have previous laboratory experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with oil and gas industry.
- OND / ONC/ HNC / HND / Degree in chemistry or equivalent.
- A pre-requisite is the ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Able to work well within an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of HSE aspects and requirements.
- Good Understanding of oil and gas production equipment and processes.
- In depth understanding of technical safety practice.
- Understands and respects company HSE regulations and requirements.