- Brief Overview of the Position:
The Iraqi Institution for Development (IID) is a non-governmental organization dedicated to fostering positive change in the Ninawa region. Committed to promoting development and well-being, IID is now seeking a qualified and experienced professional to join our team in the capacity of Lawyer Field – Documentation. The Lawyer Field – Documentation, will play a crucial role in ensuring the legal integrity of our projects and operations. Reporting directly to the line manager, He/she will be based in Ninawa, contributing to the organization’s mission with a focus on Preventing Violent Extremism (PVE) through the expertise in legal documentation.
- Key Responsibilities:
- Legal Documentation: Develop, review, and maintain legal documents related to the organization’s activities, ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations. Providing all the documentation requested for the Iraqi returnees that cannot provide the legal IDs, papers…etc.
- Case Management: Collaborate with the Case Manager and contribute to the effective management of legal cases, providing legal advice and support as needed.
- MHPSS-PVE Spatialized Officer Collaboration: Work closely with the MHPSS-PVE Spatialized Officer to integrate legal considerations into mental health and psychosocial support programs.
- Compliance: Monitor and ensure organizational compliance with relevant legal frameworks, updating policies and procedures as needed.
- Training and Capacity Building: Conduct training sessions for staff on legal aspects relevant to their roles, promoting a culture of legal awareness within the organization.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
- Educational Background: A degree in law from a recognized institution.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in a similar field, with a proven track record of working in non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Specialization: Expertise in PVE and Iraqi legal documentation, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of the intersection between legal principles and development work.
- Location: Based in Ninawa, candidates familiar with the local context are preferred.
- How to apply If you are passionate about making a positive impact and have the required experience, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] by 7 February 2024. IID is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Join IID and be a catalyst for positive change!