- Brief Overview of the Position:
The Iraqi Institution for Development (IID) is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual to join our team as a Lawyer Legal Consultant. The position will be based in Ninawa and will play a crucial role in providing legal expertise to support our mission.
- Key Responsibilities:
As a Lawyer Legal Consultant at IID, the successful candidate will:
- Legal Consultation: Provide expert legal advice and consultation on matters related to the organization’s initiatives, with a focus on PVE (Preventing Violent Extremism).and in consultation in the Iraqi court to support the returnees.
- Case Management: Collaborate with the Case Manager and MHPSS-PVE Spatialized Officer, reporting to them regularly on legal aspects of ongoing cases.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with Iraqi legal regulations and standards, contributing to the development and implementation of organizational policies.
- Contract Review: Review and advise on contracts, agreements, and legal documents to safeguard the organization’s interests.
- Training and Capacity Building: Conduct training sessions and workshops for staff to enhance legal awareness and ensure adherence to legal protocols.
- Qualifications and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Educational Background: A degree in Law from a recognized institution, with relevant certifications in Iraqi legal practices.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role, preferably within the NGO sector, demonstrating a strong understanding of Iraqi legal frameworks.
- PVE Expertise: Proven experience in Preventing Violent Extremism initiatives and a comprehensive understanding of the socio-legal landscape in Iraq.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic, enabling effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Team Player: Ability to work collaboratively within a diverse team and contribute to a positive work environment. Impact on Team/Organization: IID
- How to apply If you are passionate about making a positive impact and have the required experience, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] by 7 February 2024. IID is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Join IID and be a catalyst for positive change!