Due to an increase in activity, DNO is actively looking to recruit a Lead Completion & Workover Engineer for our onshore operations in the Kurdistan region.
This rotational position will be part of the Erbil-based Well Services team reporting to the Upper completions Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall coordination/scheduling and execution of well completions, particularly workover & intervention operations. This role will lead a team of Completion Engineers and will interface with Asset Team personnel and service companies, to progress safe, environmentally friendly and efficient well programmes. The successful candidate will ensure accurate and thorough well documentation and will be responsible for capturing and sharing best practices and Lessons Learned across the organization.
The Lead Completions/Workover Engineer is responsible for the delivery of safe, effective Workover and Completion solutions for the field development plan.
- Ensures compliance to all relevant HSE policies, procedures and controls to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensures compliance with all DNO policies and standards.
- Identifies high risk situations, prepare risk analysis, and adopts risk mitigation approach.
- Participates in HSE and non-conformance event investigations and reporting as required.
- Oversee the preparation of high standard programme documentation and risk assessment for site-based operations.
- Creating both budgetary and detailed cost estimates for well operations.
- Liaise with Vendors with regards to inventory and equipment needs aligned with short- and long-term rig/well scheduling and planning.
- Daily engineering and troubleshooting support to WS Superintendent for workover/completion/well intervention operations.
- Conduct engineering post-job reviews with Vendors to define engineering and performance improvements. Participate in Quarterly Contractor Performance Reviews.
- Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus implementing optimization and efficiency opportunities.
- Manage company completion inventory in conjunction with warehouse and wellsite.
- QA/QC and contribution to ensure highest standard provision of Workover/Completion/ESP Programs generated by Engineering Team.
- QA/QC of all pre-job technical calculations within Programs
- Training and mentoring of local and junior staff engineers
- Liaise with Service Providers and Contractors with regards to inventory and equipment needs aligned with short- and long-term Rig/Well scheduling and planning
- Conduct QA/QC of EOWR and other technical reports as required
- Provide technical and engineering support to operations site staff.
- Manage the engineering trainees and their training program.
- Daily communication with the WS Superintendent; discuss ongoing/future programmed activities/changes, with proactive approach to improvement suggestions.
- Prepare the Management of Change (MOC) process when required and communicates change.
- Communicates with Vendors to ensure operational readiness.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 15+ years’ demonstratable experience working in a completion and well interventions engineering role with an excellent understanding of project delivery.
- Competent in well engineering design and construction, including:
- Knowledge of drilling equipment
- Knowledge of well intervention operations & equipment (e.g. slickline, wireline, coiled tubing, snubbing & well test)
- Knowledge of completion and workover operations
- Knowledge of well integrity
- Knowledge of surface wellhead systems and production trees
- Extensive onshore, remote land operations experience
- Experience working in a remote location in a multicultural environment is preferred (preference for Middle East).
- Experience of working in a high H2S environment
- Valid IWCF Well Intervention Pressure Control (Level 4) Certification.
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, and experienced in creating and presenting technical reports.
- Capable and confident of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Drive and ambition to help us create a market leading business.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability in a similar leadership role. A proven ability to coach, train, and mentor local/junior staff.
- Ability to work to deadlines & able to multi-task
- Adaptable to work in a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team
- High degree of flexibility; support 24hr operations
- Good knowledge of onshore operations/facilities
- Good knowledge of industry HSE/regulations
- MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Fluent in English. Arabic is an advantageous but not necessary.
The role reports to Upper Completions Manager, and will be based in Erbil, Kurdistan. The role will be rotation 28 days on / 28 days off with 12 months fixed term contract duration.
Please apply with a PDF version of your CV.
- Address Kurdistan